+ Reply to Thread

Thread: March Madness 2017

Default March Madness 2017

This part of the forum has been dead for a while, so let's talk some hoops.

Vandy - Northwestern should be a great game today. When Vandy is hitting their threes, they can beat anyone in the country, but when they can't, then can lose to anyone (like terrible Missouri). I think they can even beat Gonzaga if they play well.

MTSU has a great shot to beat Minnesota in the first round. Minnesota is a little overseeded, and MTSU has been terrific all year. Expect to see a lot of commentary of their huge win over Michigan State last year.'

I am a sucker for SEC teams, so I have UK winning it all. I think I pick them to win it all most years, and every so often it works out.

Let me know what you all are looking forward to and which team will win it all.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

2. The following user likes this post:

Parddy (03-16-2017)

I'm picking the UConn women!!!!
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

In the men's bracket I am going with Duke. Final four is Duke, Arizona, UNC and Louisville.

No UConn men so my interest is luke warm at best.

Oh man Mike. That was a brutal loss by Vandy. What was that kid thinking? Nice win by MTSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Parddy View Post
    Oh man Mike. That was a brutal loss by Vandy. What was that kid thinking? Nice win by MTSU.
    The good news is Vandy fans are pretty sympathetic toward MJD. He misinterpreted his coach pointing to the NW player as to foul him instead of just guarding him. It's easier to get over the loss knowing that Vandy was down 15 and was lucky to be in any position to win. If we were the ones with the 15 point lead, I would like be a lot more depressed. MJD and LaChance were both instrumental to getting into a position to win, so their mistakes at the end are easier to forgive.

UConn women need to play some WNBA teams instead. It's just too easy for them.

Good to see 3 SEC teams in the elite 8. Florida couldn't hit a game winner in two tries against Vandy, but they certainly did last night.

South Carolina on quite the run this tourney. Really wouldn't mind seeing them, Gonzaga, or maybe even Oregon win the title. Anyone but KY/UNC. That has to be one of the slimiest, least-ethical matchups in history today.
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

Quote Originally Posted by Titansfan777 View Post
    South Carolina on quite the run this tourney. Really wouldn't mind seeing them, Gonzaga, or maybe even Oregon win the title. Anyone but KY/UNC. That has to be one of the slimiest, least-ethical matchups in history today.
    Hard to see USC beating Gonzaga. NC looks to be the favorite to win it all.
    It's Always Something...

+ Reply to Thread