+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titans agree to terms with Eric Decker

2. 3 Users Liked This Post

hooktool (06-19-2017), Toronto (06-21-2017), Yvette (06-19-2017)

I really though Decker would be looking for a longer contract than this. A one-year deal is great for the Titans, since it doesn't hurt the team whether Decker plays great or not. I doubt Decker will be any worse than Harry Douglas (who I think will be cut), and if he is great, the Titans will prosper.

The Titans still have their young receivers to fall back on if Decker only stays for the one year, and it takes some pressure off of them to be stars right away.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

5. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (06-19-2017)

If he can even get 500-600 yards and a handful of TDs it will be a great signing. This offense is loaded.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

7. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (06-19-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    I really though Decker would be looking for a longer contract than this. A one-year deal is great for the Titans, since it doesn't hurt the team whether Decker plays great or not. I doubt Decker will be any worse than Harry Douglas (who I think will be cut), and if he is great, the Titans will prosper.

The Titans still have their young receivers to fall back on if Decker only stays for the one year, and it takes some pressure off of them to be stars right away.
    I'm not sure there were any teams willing to give Decker a multi-year contract. Plus he and his wife have a home in Nashville, and she's a musician. So I think this was his first choice. I like the signing, it gives our two rookie WR'S some time to develop. I just hope that this doesn't mean that we'll be seeing them on the bench more often than they are on the field, especially if the offense is struggling and we're losing.

If we can keep our offense healthy this season, we could be very very scary. Anytime we have three WR's and a TE on the field, there should be mismatch somewhere with at least one receiver springing free.
    Last edited by DieHardTitan; 06-19-2017 at 09:36 AM.

9. 2 Users Liked This Post

the12thplayer (06-20-2017), Yvette (06-19-2017)

Low risk, high reward. Value signing. I like it a lot..

I never realized how big Decker was. 6'3" 214. I've always thought of him as a smaller receiver.
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

11. 2 Users Liked This Post

hooktool (06-21-2017), TitanPop (06-28-2017)

+ Reply to Thread