+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eclipse 08/21/17

Default Eclipse 08/21/17

Well, you friends at Nashville will get a very uncommon nature phenomenon this Monday: A total Solar Eclipse. It will last for 1 min. and 57 secs. (that's a very long period of time)

While it's really common during eclipses is to get a sky covered with clouds, which makes it hard to watch it with the eye. But if it's not the case get your special glasses to look at it.

Sun glasses aren't enough..not even looking through darkened beer bottles. There is a nerve or a tissue in the eye which could get burnt by looking directly to really bright light. So keep'em safe.

Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

Living in San Antonio...didn't even notice it when I was waiting for it at 1:09 PM.
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

3. The following user likes this post:

Titanico (08-22-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Titansfan777 View Post
    Living in San Antonio...didn't even notice it when I was waiting for it at 1:09 PM.
    You got like 40% in your area. You didn't notice weather getting cooler or the sky getting partially clouded?

Here's an article where you can see how the eclipse looked at San Antonio or some people's picts.

Article
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

And at Nashville it became a celebration bands and food were found at some locations... That's neat! (93% of the sun surface got eclipsed )Article 1

Here's a video someone uploaded, the eclipse can't be seen, but how dark it got, sure does! Awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNwEQodyYU

I live in St Joseph, MO and we were supposed to be one of the top 5 places to see it... of course we had heavy rains and clouds and missed most of it. I did get a few good photos and the 2 plus minutes where it went from daylight to pitch black to daylight was one of the most amazing things I have seen.
    This team hurts my feelings.

7. 2 Users Liked This Post

Titanico (08-23-2017), Yvette (08-30-2017)

We got sooo lucky! This is from my front yard

9. 2 Users Liked This Post

Orca (09-10-2017), Titanico (09-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post

We got sooo lucky! This is from my front yard

That's quite awesome and amazing. Thanks for posting it Yvette.

11. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (09-01-2017)

+ Reply to Thread