+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers

Default Los Angeles Dodgers

It has been 29 years since the Dodgers played and won a World Series, I still remember that home run made by Gibson which looked like coming from a movie script. Limping and making that home run with just 1 hand.

The last 3 years were really confusing, the team seemed somewhat ready to get to other heights, yet the pitching wasn't as strong as needed.

This year the team won over a hundred games, but part of August and September the team trembled. They went into a slump, they lost 11 games in a row, the offense looked shy. Total different story for the Arizona Diamondbags, which was a team who looked pretty strong in those last two months, and they were the Dodgers' nemesis throughout the season.

So here there were both teams facing each other at the Divisional Series. With a ton of doubts more than having certainity, the Dodgers were an authentic question mark to see which face they'll show.

And it was just a resilant attitude, pitching and batting. Sweeping the Series.

Their next opponent will be Cubs or Nationals, for the National League Championship.

The Cubs broke their curse by winning past WS..and also made look movie director Robert Zemekis as an authentic oracle, since back in the 80's and showing back then in Back to The Future II the Cubs became World Champions, that's what almost happened..just a year after what he showed on the movie (2015...and they won it in 2016).

The Nationals are a well coached team, they have good batters and decent pitching.

Anyways, whoever faces the Dodgers it's going to be a very nice NLCS. Lets see what happens.
    Last edited by Titanico; 10-10-2017 at 10:32 PM.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

As a massive diehard Astros fan that has vivid memories as a kid of 1980-81. Between this franchise, Astros, Leafs it is my turn for one lousy ring. This club might be their best ever so consider me a possible foil in 2 weeks!
    What a long strange trip it's been...

3. 2 Users Liked This Post

DelawareTitans (10-12-2017), Titanico (10-11-2017)

Lifelong Astros fan too. This is there best opportunity, if they can get by the Yankees I feel they will win it all. It would be interesting if they faced the Dodgers since they used to be rivals back in the 80s

5. 2 Users Liked This Post

Titanico (10-12-2017), Toronto (10-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by DelawareTitans View Post
    Lifelong Astros fan too. This is there best opportunity, if they can get by the Yankees I feel they will win it all. It would be interesting if they faced the Dodgers since they used to be rivals back in the 80s
    I remember those games well, and also that great pitcher Nolan Ryan.
    This year the Astros had been spectacular.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

7. 2 Users Liked This Post

DelawareTitans (10-12-2017), Toronto (10-16-2017)

Well the Dodgers are heading to Chicago with a 2-0 lead. While there's still too many things to still happen, Chicago is a very good team, things could get tight, in my opinion.

Turner has been playing top-notch suring the whole post-season, but I do not agree with the media who compares his yesterday's home-run, with the one Kirk Gibson made 29 years ago. One because Gibson was decisive to win the WS, his injured status and those games against Oakland were tight as they could be, so it triplicated the importance.
    Turner's HR was decisive and those will be always welcomed. But the media needs some chill pills.

1 game away to get back to the WS.

It's the bottom of the 7th inning at Wregley Park, and the Dodgers are winning 9-1. Seems they are going back to a WS after so long.

The team has looked strong in all stages, and now with a more solid pitching staff, makes things look brighter and with a better chance to win the WS again.

Houston and Yankees still are battling up. In my opinion any of both teams are going to be tough ones. And me as a long time Dodgers follower, I would like to see a WS against the NYY since that is or was a classic match (it has dilluted as years had passed away..or that's my take) Yankees and Dodgers faced-up in WS in 1981, and the Dodgers won back then.

Wooooooooooooo!
    Something, something and a little more something.

12. The following user likes this post:

Titanico (10-20-2017)

If it is Dodgers - Yankees, I will be cheering for the Dodgers. If it is Dodgers - Astros, I will cheer for the Astros.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Look what many people is like. At the end of August beggining of September, many people wanted HC Roberts, crucified and burnt, since the team got in a serious slump. (at least on Facebook)

Now everybody bows to him. People is quite a piece of work.

+ Reply to Thread