+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dodgers - Astros 2017 W.S.

Default Dodgers - Astros 2017 W.S.

Astros defeated the Yankees in 7 games. They sure have a good pitching staff and solid batters. In their last game they showed solidness and mental strength.

The Dodgers seem to be at that same level, and I am quite sure this will be a top-notch World Series.

The Astros and Dodgers had great confrontations back when Houston was part not only of the National League, but Division rivals.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

2. 2 Users Liked This Post

DelawareTitans (10-22-2017), Sect309Fan (10-22-2017)

Go Astros! Seeing ex-Braves McCann and Gattis contribute in the win last night made me nostalgic. I also want every team to win at least one title.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

4. The following user likes this post:

DelawareTitans (10-22-2017)

Assuming you are all aware I am an Astros diehard (can't get the Houston blood outta me). Still on cloud 9 from last night and bought my foolish son Astros gear. He has made the terrible decision to root for the same teams as me.
    Last edited by Toronto; 10-22-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    What a long strange trip it's been...

6. 4 Users Liked This Post

DieHardTitan (10-23-2017), Sect309Fan (10-22-2017), Titanico (10-22-2017), Yvette (10-22-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    He has made the terrible decision to root for the same teams as me.
    I think that's more healthy than my father's case. He never liked sports, he just watched Super Bowls and World Cups...and he always chose the other teams I was rooting for.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

8. The following user likes this post:

DieHardTitan (10-23-2017)

Assuming you are all aware I am an Astros diehard (can't get the Houston blood outta me). Still on cloud 9 from last night and bought my foolish son Astros gear. He has made the terrible decision to root for the same teams as me.
    Been an Astro fan since 1979. Seen it all - Phillies in 1980 (5-2 in the 7th), the collapse against the Dodgers in 1981, not closing out the Mets in 1986, trading for Randy Johnson in 1998 then not being able to beat the stupid Padres, and of course the 2005 World Series.

I was on pins and needles all nite, which is why it was good I didn't buy any beer.

I refuse to buy any playoff gear. I'll wait until I can buy the stuff that reads World Series Champs.

I'm right there with you - looking forward to a great series. I think they have a great shot. Just get by Kershaw.

10. 4 Users Liked This Post

DieHardTitan (10-23-2017), Sect309Fan (10-22-2017), Titanico (10-22-2017), Toronto (10-22-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by DelawareTitans View Post
    Been an Astro fan since 1979. Seen it all - Phillies in 1980 (5-2 in the 7th), the collapse against the Dodgers in 1981, not closing out the Mets in 1986, trading for Randy Johnson in 1998 then not being able to beat the stupid Padres, and of course the 2005 World Series.

I was on pins and needles all nite, which is why it was good I didn't buy any beer.

I refuse to buy any playoff gear. I'll wait until I can buy the stuff that reads World Series Champs.

I'm right there with you - looking forward to a great series. I think they have a great shot. Just get by Kershaw.
    Only bought regular gear. Wants the colors. I know this game

12. The following user likes this post:

DelawareTitans (10-22-2017)

I really feel an Astros World Series victory would mean more to me than a Titans Super Bowl.

It'll make a nice tattoo also.

14. 2 Users Liked This Post

DieHardTitan (10-23-2017), Sect309Fan (10-22-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by DelawareTitans View Post
    I really feel an Astros World Series victory would mean more to me than a Titans Super Bowl.

It'll make a nice tattoo also.
    I've had a 30 year self bet on that. 5 bucks says I wuss out if they win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanico View Post
    I think that's more healthy than my father's case. He never liked sports, he just watched Super Bowls and World Cups...and he always chose the other teams I was rooting for.
    Mine wasn't in my life basically since 12 when I left Houston, so I am creating a new legacy. Works for me.

17. The following user likes this post:

Titanico (10-23-2017)

Mine wasn't in my life basically since 12 when I left Houston, so I am creating a new legacy. Works for me.

Well mine did a lot of things under his power to never be in mine.
    It's better to create a bond than creating innecessary frictions.

19. The following user likes this post:

Toronto (10-24-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanico View Post
    Well mine did a lot of things under his power to never be in mine.
    It's better to create a bond than creating innecessary frictions.
    I am pretty private about this but let's just say we have much in common.

21. The following user likes this post:

Titanico (10-24-2017)

I am pretty private about this but let's just say we have much in common.
    I understand why. Thanks for sharing and thanks for letting me vent a bit about my case.

Well today the W.S. start. I bet is going to be a heck of a very good played W.S. It won't be easy for Dodgers or Astros.

I expect a 6 or 7 games played in this Series. I think is safe to say that things will show which team will be the Champion until the 4th game.

It's crazy that it was 103 degrees at first pitch last night, the hottest postseason game ever. LA in the summertime rarely hits 100 degree, much less late October.

Dodgers won 3-1, including an impressive first inning, first at-bat, first pitch homer.

The temps are absurd. That's the sorta heat you may get once a summer at Angels Stadium or in the Inland Empire. But not in downtown LA.
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

What a game this 2nd game of the Series has been.

Dodgers down by 2 runs, Puig's home run, Forsythe runs from second to home on a single hitter...things are tied 5-5...and with 2 outs.
    Hernandez at 2nd..Taylor at bat...
    Can't ask for something better.

And the unpire at second base...plays as another Astros' short-stop....

That ball bad thrown by the Astros catcher should've had gone to center field..and prevented Hernandez to run home to win the game if the umpire has got the reflexes to run 3 steps to his right!

Astros win tonight was tampered thanks to that stupid umpire. Dodgers should had won.

Most extra innings home runs (5) in any game in MLB history.

Astros first team to homer in the 9th, 10th, and 11th innings in any postseason game.

Crazy game.
    Last edited by Sect309Fan; 10-26-2017 at 03:48 AM.

Another good game last night. Not that much separating these teams. Dumb of Gurriel to do that, it's frigging 2017. More dumb than his haircut, which clearly isn't done yet.

Another good game last night. Not that much separating these teams. .
    No it wasn't a good game.

-Darvish came to throw for the Dodgers with no command at all in his throws. Even the outs were on balls that were hit hard.
    -Dodgers' batters lack of patience and experience, they tend to swing almost at every throw. Bellinger is persisting in being the "best" in that margin and to elong his horrid slump.
    -Puig...what the hell was he thinking when he got that double, but passing 1st base, he slows down...then he accelerates...making him look like what he is a 10-year-old kid (you can't commit those mental mistakes in a W.S. game).

Roberts keeps showing he cannot focus players good enough. It happened at the end of August and beginning of September...it's happening again.

And still...the 2nd game should had been won by the Dodgers, if the damn stupid umpire's hadn't interfered. (that factor is weighting in)
    Last edited by Titanico; 10-28-2017 at 07:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread