+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dodgers - Astros 2017 W.S.

4th game...

Dodgers batting, went through their slump. Until the Astros need to use their bullpen and it's known that's that team's weak spot, and the Dodgers' batters woke-up (finally and necessarily).

Dodgers 6-1 going to the top of the 9th. This seems to tie the Series 2-2.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

5th game...

Or the pitchers tend to loss focus or the batters are too good...

Both.. but I tend to lean for the first choice..and of course I am biting a bullet here.

7-7 bottom of the 5th inning
    Last edited by Titanico; 10-29-2017 at 09:59 PM.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

Believe me...for a moment I thought I was watching a home-run derby, instead of a W.S. game...

I do not want to take any credit to the Astros, they have been doing what is needed, although Roberts show his lack of experience when the team was showing rythm and consistency at bat, and he decides to send a bunt, when Dodgers had a player at 2nd...

Roberts has made several Dodgers' fans cringe in apathy thanks to his weird and erratic way of coaching thoughout the season.

That may have been the craziest world series game ever. Amazing win for the Astros.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Glad to say I stayed up until the end. This series has been amazing. They are so close and have a well rested Verlander for game 6. Can’t wait

6th game..

Dodgers -3
    Astros- 1

Safe to say it was the most normal (regular) game of the Series.

It seemed that the Astros had the momentum until the 6th inning, they were just waiting for their batters to step up.

In this game the difference was the fine and good Dodgers' pitching (starter and bullpen) I was not quite sure with Jensen closing, since in past game he was throwing high, this time he did it right, thowing low. And the Dodgers' runs came at the right time.

3-3 tied in the Series. And as I thought and mentioned, this Series were going to be played and decided in 7 games.

I was surprised to learn last night that despite this being the Dodgers 9th World Series in LA, there has never been a game 7 at Dodger stadium until now. Pretty cool.

Let's see if tonight's game can live up to last year's game 7.

I am quite annoyed that Darvish was giveth another chance to start...and with Roberts for not using any type of common sense in starting him.

Result of a very stupid decision....Astros 5...Dodgers 0 in the 2nd inning...

This quite bites!

Darvish is a Triple A pitcher (at best)...what the hell!!

With these two teams, no lead is truly safe. But it does look pretty good for the Astros so far.

If Kershaw was ready to start and pitch for 3 or 4 innings...I am having a quite hard time figuring out why damn Roberts started Darvish.

And this loss is quite bitter, since the Dodgers didn't had the capacity to react at offense...I hope Roberts gets fired.

Astros are World Series Champions. I am on Cloud 9.

Toronto - I’m up for the tattoo if you are

13. 2 Users Liked This Post

Sect309Fan (11-02-2017), Toronto (11-02-2017)

Darvish cost them this series. Guy is absolute trash. On another note, is it me or do these Japanese pitchers only have like 1-2 good seasons and then regress like crazy? Dice-K, Darvish, Tanaka to a lesser extent etc...
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

15. The following user likes this post:

Titanico (11-02-2017)

The Astros might need to invite a month of dinners to that umpire which interfered the ball on the 2nd game.

That was 2-0 for the Dodgers, to lead the Series clearly.

Congrats to the Astros! I always love it when a franchise that has never won a championship wins their first one (which will hopefully happen here real soon).

Quote Originally Posted by DelawareTitans View Post
    Astros are World Series Champions. I am on Cloud 9.

Toronto - I’m up for the tattoo if you are
    Been the best sports day of my life. My first ever 5 year rule in place. I am still stunned by what the Astros did and beating the 3 most iconic and wealthy teams in MLB. Better yet is how young they are. I gotta convince my wife on the tattoo. I kinda want to do it but think it gives me 1% more leverage to get the golden retriever instead.

The pure joy I felt last night is something I want to never forget and bottle.
    What a long strange trip it's been...

19. 2 Users Liked This Post

DelawareTitans (11-05-2017), Sect309Fan (11-02-2017)

I really..REALLY can't believe so many posts around here...

many don't talk about game happenings and many of you just reply as if everything was correct....what the hell???

This is a Titans message board. Many of the old Oilers fans were also Astros fans, and you pretty much have to be a Dodgers fan to cheer for the Dodgers. Everyone else likes the team that hasn't won a championship.

It was a terrific back and forth series, and the sentimental favorite won.

Dave Roberts had one of the best seasons ever, and his team finished just one win short of winning it all. How can you possibly say "I hope Roberts get fired"? Did you say that about Fisher when the Titans lost the Super Bowl? So don't complain about our posts when you are guilty of some bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    This is a Titans message board. Many of the old Oilers fans were also Astros fans, and you pretty much have to be a Dodgers fan to cheer for the Dodgers. Everyone else likes the team that hasn't won a championship.

It was a terrific back and forth series, and the sentimental favorite won.

Dave Roberts had one of the best seasons ever, and his team finished just one win short of winning it all. How can you possibly say "I hope Roberts get fired"? Did you say that about Fisher when the Titans lost the Super Bowl? So don't complain about our posts when you are guilty of some bad ones.
    Your logic will never ever meet mine.

Enough said.

+ Reply to Thread