+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Week 13 - Important games for the Titans

Default Week 13 - Important games for the Titans

I always love seasons where we can talk about games needed to get into the playoffs vs. the seasons where we are trying to get the best draft position. Here are the games that impact the Titans:

1. Texans @ Titans. A win is much needed for multiple reasons. First, it puts the Titans at 4-1 in the division, which gives the Titans a possible out if the Titans lose to the Jags. Second, if the Titans can't beat a depleted Texans team at home, I am not sure how they beat the Rams and Jags. Third, a loss pretty much makes the Jags-Titans a must win game for the division title.

2. Colts @ Jaguars. While this would be a pretty good upset, the Colts have been able to have 4th quarter leads against the Steelers and Titans. They just need to finish games (have the worst 4th quarter scoring defense in the NFL). If the Colts were to win and the Titans beat the Texans, the Titans could clinch the division in two more weeks (and the Texans still have a shot to upset the Jags).

3. Patriots @ Bills. The Bills surprised a lot of people by beating the Chiefs, and this game is at home. But we need the Patriots to win to knock the Bills to 6-6.

4. Lions @ Ravens. I predict an ugly game between two decent but struggling teams. The Lions do have extra rest from playing on Thanksgiving, and a Ravens loss pushes them to 6-6.

5. Steelers @ Bengals. This is an interesting game since either result helps the Titans. If you think the Titans can win out, then a Bengals win drops the Steelers to 9-3, with games against the Ravens and Patriots still to go. The Titans have to have a better record to get the #2 seed. If you expect the Titans to lose a couple of games, then a Bengals loss helps more, dropping them to 5-7.

Other games that are real longshots (bold team is who we want to win): Chiefs @ Jets, Giants @ Raiders, Browns @ Chargers, Broncos @ Dolphins
    Last edited by Sect309Fan; 12-01-2017 at 02:42 PM.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

2. The following user likes this post:

DieHardTitan (12-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    2. Colts @ Jaguars. While this would be a pretty good upset, the Colts have been able to have 4th quarter leads against the Steelers and Colts.
    I've heard of a team beating itself, but I always thought that was just a figure of speech.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

On another note, the Titans have to beat the Texans. I live in Texas, so its already annoying enough when the Titans lose to them. However, after the beatdown in week 4, the ugly 3 quarters last week, and the ugly offense this team has played the last couple weeks, the Titans need to just dominate somebody.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

Thanks, I meant the Titans.

I would not be surprised in the least if the Titans win this game in a blowout. Texans are on short rest, Tom Savage has thrown 5 interceptions the past 3 games, and the Titans are just due to have a complete game.

The Colts and Broncos have both officially surrendered. The will mail in the rest of their games.
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

I would not be surprised in the least if the Titans win this game in a blowout. Texans are on short rest, Tom Savage has thrown 5 interceptions the past 3 games, and the Titans are just due to have a complete game.
    These are the things you say that gets you in trouble...lol

The Titans COULD blow a team out someday, of course.... But this year it is safe to assume they will shoot themselves in the foot enough times to keep a game close. I never thought for a minute they would blow a division rival out.

8. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (12-04-2017)

The Titans did have one blowout this year, and it was to our main division rival on the road. (Not sure why they couldn't repeat it, but it's hard to complain about our first winning division record since 2008).

Savage looked really good yesterday, but that one pick made a huge difference in the game.

10. The following user likes this post:

Parddy (12-04-2017)

I fully expect them to be in a fight for their life next Sunday in Arizona. Hopefully they squeeze out a few more plays than the Cardinals do. It will be a dog fight as MOST games appear to be this season.

12. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (12-04-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Parddy View Post
    I fully expect them to be in a fight for their life next Sunday in Arizona. Hopefully they squeeze out a few more plays than the Cardinals do. It will be a dog fight as MOST games appear to be this season.
    It will be a close game, but I think their backup QB, a bad OL, a banged up Peterson, and only 1 offensive weapon in Fitzgerald will give us a nice sizable win.

...didn't I say that about the Texans...and the Colts...twice

14. 2 Users Liked This Post

Parddy (12-04-2017), Yvette (12-04-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Titansfan777 View Post
    It will be a close game, but I think their backup QB, a bad OL, a banged up Peterson, and only 1 offensive weapon in Fitzgerald will give us a nice sizable win.

...didn't I say that about the Texans...and the Colts...twice

I would like a nice relaxing game no doubt. This Titan team just spins in the mud too often to blow anybody out lately. I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer it's just a fact.

The Titans just seem to go into a funk for about 3 or 4 drives in a row every game. I can't understand it.

16. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (12-04-2017)

Oh look. The Steelers went on the road against a losing team, fell behind double digits, and squeaked passed them in the end. They keep doing that, so I guess they should fire their coaching staff.

Oh look. The Steelers went on the road against a losing team, fell behind double digits, and squeaked passed them in the end. They keep doing that, so I guess they should fire their coaching staff.
    So sassy today

Quote Originally Posted by Titansfan777 View Post
    So sassy today
    I heard a lot of idiots on the radio yesterday. I felt so bad for our local radio hosts.

20. The following user likes this post:

hooktool (12-06-2017)

I heard a lot of idiots on the radio yesterday. I felt so bad for our local radio hosts.
    I wonder who dials the phone for some of those callers.

John
    “Now What?’’

22. The following user likes this post:

Parddy (12-06-2017)

+ Reply to Thread