+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titans going to New England

Default Titans going to New England

Jags win. Bring on Brady.

Saturday at 7:15 pm Central.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

2. 2 Users Liked This Post

hooktool (01-08-2018), Yvette (01-08-2018)

Initial weather report for Boston is 29 degrees with no precipitation. But it may rain earlier in the day. At least it won't be like the last Titans playoff game there.

The last time we played in NE in the playoffs was also in 2003, the year of our last win. Had a chance to win that game but Drew Bennett screwed us with a drop if I recall correctly.

The 2003 season will always be my favorite season. MVP QB, Eddie George’s last season there, beating Baltimore, the stiff arm of Ray Lewis, and the last good seasons for McNair, Rolle, Kearse, McCareins, Wycheck, Mason, Hopkins, Sirmon, Carter, Schulters, and countless others. Basically it was the last hurrah of the “classic” Titans lineup before injuries and free agency tore the team apart in 2004/2005.
    Last edited by Titansfan777; 01-07-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

The weather was what screwed them. Was a tough loss.

Oh and you can pretty much lock this one in for primetime next year too.
    What a long strange trip it's been...

The Bennett drop was a big play, but so was McNair intentional grounding on the final drive. It was still one hell of a game in some of the worst weather conditions.

7. The following user likes this post:

hooktool (01-08-2018)

Current weather forecast for the Patriots game: 26 degrees around kickoff, dropping to 24 degrees late. Wind of 14 mph and it will feel like it is 14 degrees. (Brr) It will be raining from now till around 11 AM Saturday.

It will be interesting to see if this helps or hurts the Titans. It should help our run game and hopefully keep the score low. Deep passes should be problematic in that wind. But Brady and company have played many many games in these conditions, so I expect them to be prepared.

9. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (01-12-2018)

Weather won't be an issue for the Patriots. They have played in this weather every January since 2001 basically. If its cold out, Brady can still beat you with his arm. If it ends up being rain or a blizzard somehow, Brady will beat you with his arm (2009 everybody).

Mariota needs to be ready to throw the ball and throw the ball a lot. Take advantage of the #30 ranked passing defense. Their run d is in the bottom half of the league as well, but may be skewed a bit. Overall, they started getting sacks a lot more in the final few 4-5 of the season, so it will be interesting to see which pass rush shows up for NE. Receivers will hopefully catch balls this game...that would help, I know crazy thought.

On defense, if the they can't rush Brady, he will pick them apart. I think the run D will be solid again, but Brady will shred the defense unless everyone steps up and plays the game of their life. This pass d has been pretty bad this year. This defense also sucks at covering TEs, so I expect Gronk to have a field day. The other thing that is scary is that they will probably have to put Adoree on Cooks. Cooks is way to quick and shifty for Ryan to be on, especially if Ryan isnt 100%. You hate to have a guy as good as Cooks matched up with a rookie, but it may be best. Just pray that the line can get close enough to Brady to make him a little uncomfortable and force some passes...maybe the Titans get lucky and get a pick.

The Titans have the better punter by far, and the Patriots have the better kicker. Gostkowski seems to have resolved his issues that he had the last couple seasons, and was impressive this season. He also is money from distance (40+) at 12/15, whereas Succop was 18/25 from 40+. Both were perfect inside 40 yards, and both missed 2 extra points. Simply put, if the Patriots need a FG, can get a FG. If the Titans need a FG, they need to get within the 25 yard line to attempt it.

I am just hoping to keep it a close game. I think the game will be similar to last weeks game, where the Titans go down by a score or two rather quickly...now can they pull it off again? Best bet is its a game where the Titans are in striking distance for the Titans first drive in the 4th quarter. The Patriots righted the ship after the Panthers game, and have been pretty unstoppable (minus Miami). The Titans backed in to the playoffs and sucked for 30 minutes last weekend before finding their mojo. Hopefully the Titans from the 2nd half of last week show up.

PREDICTION:
    I think the Patriots get spotted a 10 point lead in the first quarter behind Brady's arm and a Gostkowski kick. The Titans finally decide to play at some point and the game gets back to and stays a 1 possession game until somewhere in the 4th, when the Patriots get a late TD/FG to put it out of reach. The Titans put up a respectable effort, but go down in the 2nd round...to the eventual Super Bowl Champions:
    Patriots - 31
    Titans - 20
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

I feel insane for saying this but I feel we are gonna give them a real fight.

Pats 27
    Titans 20

Have to wonder if winning that playoff game in KC gives the franchise a real ' screw it let's go get this' feel. I'd love to see them scare the snot out of them and leave some bruises on Brady.

Our objective should be to send Brady into retirement.

New England has another advantage other than the home filed one...the referees.

The referees had pampered them since long ago.

If the Titans blitzers (pass-rushers) are thinking in aggressivness..I hope they remember above the waist and no helmet-to-helmet contacts.

And I had hated the Patriots since 2003, with their unstoppable march on playoffs, suspicious wins, cheats and that damn Brady rule.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

And before anyone gets sensitive about my comments of what I think about the New England Patrots...go ahead and read this article to refresh your memory.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

Quote Originally Posted by Titanico View Post
    And before anyone gets sensitive about my comments of what I think about the New England Patrots...go ahead and read this article to refresh your memory.
    Don't need to read it. Tuck rule. The end.

16. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (01-12-2018)

+ Reply to Thread