+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DeMarco Out for Patriots

Default DeMarco Out for Patriots

Can't say I am too bummed after watching Henry have the best rushing performance in years last weekend.

Gotta wonder if Murray will ever suit up for the Titans again. Minus an unlikely Super Bowl run, I am skeptical if he ever plays here again.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

Quote Originally Posted by Titansfan777 View Post
    Can't say I am too bummed after watching Henry have the best rushing performance in years last weekend.

Gotta wonder if Murray will ever suit up for the Titans again. Minus an unlikely Super Bowl run, I am skeptical if he ever plays here again.
    The thing you miss with Murray is his situational awareness, pass blocking, and pass catching. Henry can definitely do some damage as a pass catcher, but Murray can easily get you 5 or 6 catches in any given game.

Still, I've been hollering for Henry to start since last season, and I don't want Murray cutting into his carries. Whether people think so or not, we need to draft a rb. Someone shifty with speed to complement Henry.

It's a shame Murray cannot be playing on that game. If I heard someone really wanting to play again in play-offs was him, since he just had 1 game in this scenario when he was with the Eagles.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

Quote Originally Posted by Titanico View Post
    It's a shame Murray cannot be playing on that game. If I heard someone really wanting to play again in play-offs was him, since he just had 1 game in this scenario when he was with the Eagles.
    He didn't make it to the playoffs as an Eagle, but he had two games with the Cowboys in 2014. He had 198 yards and 2 TDs combined. It is a shame that he doesn't get to even be on the field for these playoffs considering how much he has helped the Titans these past two seasons.

It will be tough for the Titans to keep him. Henry certainly looks ready to be the full time starter, so why pay Murray $6 million a year to be the #2 guy? But they could cut him and see if he will come back for a lower price, though I think other teams would be interested. A trade is possible as well.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    He didn't make it to the playoffs as an Eagle, but he had two games with the Cowboys in 2014. He had 198 yards and 2 TDs combined. It is a shame that he doesn't get to even be on the field for these playoffs considering how much he has helped the Titans these past two seasons.

It will be tough for the Titans to keep him. Henry certainly looks ready to be the full time starter, so why pay Murray $6 million a year to be the #2 guy? But they could cut him and see if he will come back for a lower price, though I think other teams would be interested. A trade is possible as well.
    I certainly would not mind having him back in a reduced role...but I doubt he wants that. He probably still sees himself as a legit upper-tier back and will want to start somewhere. Can't blame him if he leaves.

If he goes, I think the team should look hard at trying to get a real good receiving back with some speed. Something like a Christian McCaffrey type. Let Henry get the majority of carries, but have situations where you have Henry and this other back in the same backfield, or have this other RB line up out wide. Wadley from Iowa or Hicks from TCU are examples that come to mind, and could probably be had on the 2nd/3rd days of the draft. Just players who are dual threats that add another dimension to the offense.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    He didn't make it to the playoffs as an Eagle, but he had two games with the Cowboys in 2014. .
    Yeah..I had a brain-fart and typed Eagles.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

Struggling to get used to so much media coverage of our team.
    What a long strange trip it's been...

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    Struggling to get used to so much media coverage of our team.
    I could be wrong. But I just saw more information, interviews coming out since today? While watching NFL Total Access, I was asking the same thing and wondering if the team management ordered to the media to not disturb during past days.

+ Reply to Thread