+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ticket increase, WOW!!!

Default Ticket increase, WOW!!!

Just saw my ticket prices for this upcoming season. Each ticket increased $8.00 for my section. North end zone. Increased from $78.00 per ticket to $86.00 per ticket. This is the largest increase for my section in history. Just curious on the increase for other sections.

My tickets in 309 went from $550 to $590, a $4 increase per game. That is also the largest increase I have seen for my section.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

I was looking through this thread last year, and my tickets increased $3 while ForReal's increased $5. So over two years, there has been a significant increase.

I just sent an email to the Tennessean to investigate these prices. I know there is optimism for the upcoming season, but the Titans could not fill the stadium for any game last year, despite good weather for most games, a winning record at home, and a hard fought battle for the playoffs. Raising ticket prices significantly will not help solve that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    I was looking through this thread last year, and my tickets increased $3 while ForReal's increased $5. So over two years, there has been a significant increase.

I just sent an email to the Tennessean to investigate these prices. I know there is optimism for the upcoming season, but the Titans could not fill the stadium for any game last year, despite good weather for most games, a winning record at home, and a hard fought battle for the playoffs. Raising ticket prices significantly will not help solve that problem.
    Did the franchise put more money in the stadium, stadium experience etc.?
    What a long strange trip it's been...

We're winning multiple Superbowls over the next few years. It will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    Did the franchise put more money in the stadium, stadium experience etc.?
    They changed the company that did the concessions, though I didn't see any improvement.

They have always raised ticket prices after a winning season, and they used to do it after losing seasons as well. I was glad they kept prices the same for a lot of sections from 2010-2016, so maybe they are trying to make up for those years of no increases with these last two. But until the fanbase shows signs of filling up the stadium, that seems like a bad idea.

They changed the company that did the concessions, though I didn't see any improvement.

They have always raised ticket prices after a winning season, and they used to do it after losing seasons as well. I was glad they kept prices the same for a lot of sections from 2010-2016, so maybe they are trying to make up for those years of no increases with these last two. But until the fanbase shows signs of filling up the stadium, that seems like a bad idea.
    Got to make up for lost revenue.
    Welcome to the Suck

https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...fl/1083684001/

The Titans are raising ticket prices for the second consecutive year.

The cost is increasing from between $2 to $12 per ticket for the 2018 season, depending on the location in Nissan Stadium.

Tickets will cost between $40 to $122 in general seating, after an increase from $2 to $5 in the upper deck and $8 and $12 in the lower bowl. Those prices still rate among the lowest in the NFL, according to the team.

As of 30 minutes ago, when the mail arrived, I still have not gotten my invoice for the coming season and therefore don't yet know what my cost has risen to.

I still have high hopes for being included in the low end of the increases...

You can look online, Zonian. It is on your ticket account now.

$7 per game increase...

The Tennessean would have to have actual reporters to investigate anything. Fat chance.

John
    “Now What?’’

13. The following user likes this post:

Toronto (02-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by hooktool View Post
    The Tennessean would have to have actual reporters to investigate anything. Fat chance.

John
    Actually, they had an article out yesterday, and Rexrode emailed me back as well.

15. The following user likes this post:

HALL45ROX (02-02-2018)

Man. Is every day kick 309 in the nuts day? Then he has to come back at you with straight facts. Y'all give it a break.

Hooktool was complaining more about the Tennessean, though I think they do well. He never gets on my bad side.

18. The following user likes this post:

hooktool (02-05-2018)

Hooktool was complaining more about the Tennessean, though I think they do well. He never gets on my bad side.
    That would be correct, sir! Mike and I see eye to eye on most of this stuff. The Tennessean is awful, as are most newspapers, since the corporations cut reporting staffs to nothing. 309 rocks.
    “Now What?’’

20. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (02-05-2018)

Mine are up $8 per game

My ticket has increased 90% in the past 18 years...

...about twice the rate of inflation over the same period.

For that level of escalation I expect to see the Red Jerseys return!

Quote Originally Posted by zonian View Post
    My ticket has increased 90% in the past 18 years...

...about twice the rate of inflation over the same period.

For that level of escalation I expect to see the Red Jerseys return!
    Mine is over 100% (280 then - 590 now). What is sad is that the ticket prices are almost at the bottom of the NFL, which makes me wonder how these fans in other markets (besides Jacksonville) can afford season tickets.

24. The following user likes this post:

zonian (02-08-2018)

Also got notice that there will not be anymore hard tickets. Just a card issued per seat with all 10 games downloaded onto each card. If you sell a game you have to send the person receiving the game a text or email with bar code of the game. They have to have it on their phone to get in the gate. No more printing a ticket from an email either. 48 hours prior to the game to sell a ticket is gone however and there is no charge to send a game to someone else. You could also give them the card to use. Just hope you trust them enough to give it back or not lose it.

Sorry, but I'm "old school" on this. Much rather have hard tickets.

26. The following user likes this post:

zonian (02-18-2018)

+ Reply to Thread