+ Reply to Thread

Thread: David Poile winningest GM in NHL history

Default David Poile winningest GM in NHL history

Congrats to David Poile and the Predators for another come from behind win last night to put Poile on top. That was win #1320 for him (594 with the Capitols and 726 with the Preds).

The Predators are now all alone in first place in the Western Conference with a 2 point lead over the Golden Knights (both have played the same number of games).

The Preds may finally win their division for the first time in their 19 year history, as they have a 6 point lead right now over the Jets.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

That is quite impressive.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

Poile has done a great job making impact moves on the trade market. Getting Johansen, Turris, and Forsberg over the years have resulted in formidable line up down the middle. Top that off with getting Neal. And don't even get me started on the Subban trade

I cannot get over what a job he has done there. I remember when it seemed like was a dead man walking, and now look. He steals Forsberg, upgrades Weber, turns Jones into Johansen (rare one that worked for both teams) and it seems like every player pans out thanks to great coaching. It's a model organization for any 'small' market and really any market.
    I will not be surprised if they finish it off this year and raise Lord Stanley.
    What a long strange trip it's been...

With the Preds win last night, they became the first team to clinch a postseason berth this year. They also matched their franchise record of 14 straight games with at least a point.

It is all but certain now that the Preds will win the division for the first time ever, with a 10 point lead and 11 games to play.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

+ Reply to Thread