+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crazy first weekend of the NCAAs

Default Crazy first weekend of the NCAAs

Nashville was cruel to Cincy fans, with both #2 Cincy and #1 Xavier being eliminated after huge comebacks by their opponents.

A Rick Barnes team failed to reach the Sweet 16 for the 7th straight time as UT's comeback gave them a lead with 20 seconds left, but Loyola-Chicago hit a jumper in the final seconds to win.

Virginia became the first #1 seed to lose to a #16 seed, as UMBC blew them out.

#2 North Carolina and #4 Auburn suffered massive blowouts yesterday.

The real winner in all of this may be Kentucky. Even though they are a #5 seed, they are the top seed left in the South Regional. And the top 2 seeds in the West bracket are gone as well. Of course with this many upsets, UK could lose to any of these teams left.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Michigan plays A&M this Thursday...which Michigan is lucky to even be in the tournament still after looking so bad last week.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

Michigan won in a blowout and UK fell to Kansas State. You just never know what may happen. Loyola-Chicago has to be my favorite team now left.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

I figured the Michigan-A&M game would be a close one...I have never seen such a lopsided game between fairly close seeds. The final score could have easily been 40-50 points if Michigan would have not let up in the 2nd half. They play Florida State in the Western bracket championship for a birth to the final 4 on Saturday.

Kentucky is out, which brings a smile to my face. Kansas State really showed their stuff against a vastly more talented Kentucky.

Loyola-Chicago is just fun to watch. Every game so far for them has been the best/most entertaining game in each round.

Florida State downed Gonzaga - another team expected to make a deep run.

Today's Games:
    Clemson-Kansas (Something about Kansas this year makes them seem more vulnerable than in previous years. I think Clemson wins)
    West Virginia-Villanova (I think Villanova wins, but wouldn't be surprised in the least if WVU pulls one out)
    Syracuse-Duke (The combined wins between the coaches in this matchup has to be a record)
    Texas Tech-Purdue (Texas Tech should be able to win if Haas cant play due to his injury...if he plays, he will be limited anyway)
    Last edited by Titansfan777; 03-23-2018 at 07:59 AM.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

Michigan is coming here to San Antonio...I am happy for this, but my wallet is so very sad because its gonna be very light after I buy these tix.

Great weekend. Michigan beat Sister Jean...now they play probably the toughest opponent all season in 'Nova. I do not expect a win, but I will gladly take it though!

7. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (04-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Titansfan777 View Post
    Great weekend. Michigan beat Sister Jean...now they play probably the toughest opponent all season in 'Nova. I do not expect a win, but I will gladly take it though!
    Nova should take this, at least that's what I'm hoping for. Hopefully Michigan remembers how many timeouts they have.

9. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (04-02-2018)

+ Reply to Thread