+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should the Titans trade for a receiver?

Default Should the Titans trade for a receiver?

https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...ws/1536408002/

These drops are getting ridiculous, and even the Taylor fumble was terrible. Davis is great, and Sharpe is proving himself, but it's hard to trust any of the other receivers or tight ends. Dion Lewis is the only other reliable target right now.

The Titans likely do need to look to see if they can another reliable weapon on offense. Hopefully Jon Robinson is working on it.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

2. The following user likes this post:

Parddy (10-08-2018)

Without mortgaging fairly high picks, who do you go after? The article suggests Sanu, but I think the team has to do better than an almost-30 WR who is already on the wrong side of his "prime". It sucks, at the moment, but you may just have to roll with the 3 young guys and camp fodder behind them, like Williams, getting touches.

If anything, I would go hard at getting a TE. Walker is old and suffered a horrendous injury. Jonnu Smith has 21 yards on 2 receptions and 9 targets, and Luke Stocker is no threat at all. I would try and trade for one of the 2 good TEs Pitt has, or something to get a serviceable TE in here for the remainder of the season.

But back to the original post regarding us getting a WR...there is one WR with insane hands, who is a surefire first ballot HOFer, and will finish his career with some of the gaudiest stats in NFL receiving history. He is underutilized on a bad team, and will probably either retire or be gone at the end of this season with them. However, on a winning team, he may have a couple more seasons. He is a high character guy, and could be a great mentor. He could also be had for a 4th rounder or so...Larry Fitzgerald.
    Last edited by Titansfan777; 10-08-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

4. 2 Users Liked This Post

Parddy (10-08-2018), TitanPop (10-13-2018)

I love Fitzgerald, but he has had back and hamstring issues on the injury reports. He still is playing each game, but will his body hold up for the rest of the year?

Jeremy Maclin could be had for nothing.
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

As far as TE.. It's hard to find a serviceable one in fantasy let alone the real thing. Fasano maybe? Supernaw?

One more name as food for thought... Could be had for nothing. Don't kill the messenger... lol

Kendall Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by Parddy View Post
    One more name as food for thought... Could be had for nothing. Don't kill the messenger... lol

Kendall Wright.
    Nah-I don't think Kendall ever bought in here. We don't need half-effort guys. But I won't kill you.

John
    “Now What?’’

10. The following user likes this post:

Parddy (10-11-2018)

We don't need a burner, or a star, just a 4-5 that can make a catch when needed. This guy is supposed to have great hands-maybe he will do. From Titans 24/7:

The addition of Batson to the active roster fills the void left by Tuesday's release of Nick Williams. With today's move, the Titans are now at the 53-man roster limit. Batson initially made the 53-man roster to the start the regular season, but was waived after two games. The Titans then resigned him to the team's practice squad where had been until today's move. Batson was originally an undrafted free agent signing by the Titans after the 2018 NFL Draft. Batson played collegiately at Texas Tech. He appeared in 50 games over four seasons,totaling 157 receptions for 1,499 yards and 14 touchdowns for the Red Raiders. He also returned 22 kicks for 417 yards and returned 65 punts for 394 yards for Texas Tech.
    John
    Last edited by hooktool; 10-10-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    “Now What?’’

12. The following user likes this post:

Parddy (10-11-2018)

Twitter had this.

Golden Tate for Tajae Sharp and a 4th round draft pick.

Personally, I think that would be a stupid trade on the Titans part

14. The following user likes this post:

hooktool (10-11-2018)

Tate is also an expiring contract I believe. Meaning this would be like how Leveon Bell is essentially a half-season rental.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

16. The following user likes this post:

Parddy (10-12-2018)

Agreed!!!! Not to mention he is 30 years old.

I really like Sharpe. So far he has done everything they have asked of him. He isn't the problem.

18. The following user likes this post:

hooktool (10-12-2018)

At this point, I think the Titans have made their moves. TE Frisker and WR Baston have been moved up to the active roster, while Nick Williams was cut. I suppose there is still a chance for a trade, but let's see how these two do.

+ Reply to Thread