+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jags vs. Titans

Default Jags vs. Titans

The Titans are on a three game win streak against the Jags, something that hasn't happened since a 5 game win streak from the 2nd game in 2001 through the 2nd game in 2003. The Titans also haven't lost at home to the Jags since that debacle in 2013 (Jags were 0-8 going into the game, and CJ fumbled the first snap. A quick TD, and the Titans were in a hole that couldn't get out of ... sound familiar?).

I think we all know how the Jags are going to play this game. Defensive will try to pressure Mariota and limit the run game and short passes. Offense will mostly run the ball with limited passing from their new QB. For the Jags to win, they need to make almost no mistakes and cause the Titan to make some (like the Jets did).

It will be interesting to see what the Titans do. They have had success running the ball against the Jags lately, especially with Henry in the 4th quarter. The deep ball has been working well, assuming Mariota has enough time. Defensively, they need to figure out how to stop the run. They have been giving up too many yards rushing in these past few games. If the Jags do decide to throw, make sure they are punished for it.

As much as I love Adoree Jackson, he looks so lost returning punting. It either drops in front of him, or he fair catches it way too early. I have zero faith in him right now except that he can catch the punt. And it isn't really fair to have him out there playing defense for so many plays and then turn around and catch a punt. We really need someone like Taylor or Sharpe returning kicks, not a defender. (Though I wonder why this coaching staff doesn't give Jackson the ball on offense like Mularkey did last year to pretty good success)

I want to see improvement this week, and obviously a win. The Titans are still winning almost all their home games, though too many come down to the wire. If the Titans are going to make the playoffs, a national televised statement (like they did against the Cowboys) would go a long ways.
    Last edited by Sect309Fan; 12-05-2018 at 02:22 PM.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

2. 3 Users Liked This Post

hooktool (12-06-2018), Parddy (12-07-2018), Yvette (12-06-2018)

This will also be the gameday thread, since there isn't much point creating a new one.

Jim Wyatt has a cool stat:

Of course, it is a little unfair to judge Mariota on just 6 games compared to over 60 like some others. I doubt it would be this high after 30 games, though it is still good to see his success in prime time.

4. 3 Users Liked This Post

HALL45ROX (12-06-2018), hooktool (12-06-2018), Yvette (12-06-2018)

Gameday info:

Giveaway - Titans scarf
    12th Titan - Jeff Jarrett (WWE wrestler)
    National Anthem - Fisk Jubilee Singers
    Halftime Entertainment - Rae Lynn

Terrific opening drive for a TD! Great playcalling.
    Last edited by Sect309Fan; 12-06-2018 at 08:29 PM.

7. 2 Users Liked This Post

HALL45ROX (12-06-2018), TitansGiantsBears (12-07-2018)

We are dominating but two unforced errors have made it just 7-2

9. 2 Users Liked This Post

What a goaline stand! We still lead 7-2

11. 2 Users Liked This Post

99 yard TD run by Henry! Best run I have ever seen

13. 2 Users Liked This Post

16-2 with five sec left in the half.

15. The following user likes this post:

HALL45ROX (12-06-2018)

This is the opposite of the Texans game. So far.

17. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (12-06-2018)

Henry is such a beast. 165 yards so far and three TDs.
    Last edited by Sect309Fan; 12-06-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Henry is 9 yards short of the franchise record set by CJ against the Jags.

He has tied the franchise record for TDs.

20. The following user likes this post:

HALL45ROX (12-07-2018)

I guess the refs felt sorry for the Jags. He was out of bounds.

22. 2 Users Liked This Post

HALL45ROX (12-07-2018), zonian (12-07-2018)

Terrific win. This should give fans hope they can win out .

24. The following user likes this post:

HALL45ROX (12-07-2018)

I can't say this was the most complete win I've seen from the Titans but it was without a doubt the most entertaining! I watched the Dorsett TD live and was fortunate enough to see Henry's run tonight. Regardless of what else would have happened in that game, that's the big takeaway. It was just historic and the sheer brutality of the run was epic, just nasty! Henry had a great night but it's important to commend the offensive line too. They played a great game. They're a hard bunch to figure out though. Are they the #1 ranked line from a couple years ago or the bunch that gave up double digit sacks to Baltimore? We just never know which Titans team is going to show up and that's what concerns me as they close out the season. Can they win out? Absolutely, but they've laid all the eggs they can afford this season.

Anthony Firkser is really coming on. At this point I believe he's the best TE remaining on this roster and honestly looked better than Jonnu, even before he went down. He blocks and catches well and runs really good routes. Marcus played much better with the threat of a run game. He still missed a couple of throws that left me shaking my head and the interception was just ugly. We can't afford the weekly gift thrown directly into the arms of a defender in a really tight game. Also the special teams played pretty poorly again this week with a missed extra point and safety. The defense was tenacious all night with Evans throwing a coming out party. He was everywhere as was Finch. Finch may be our best value pickup this offseason. When an undrafted linebacker can work his way into the regular rotation, you've done something right. All in all, it was a great win, especially for the fan base. Now the Titans have a nice long rest ahead before the stretch run.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

26. 3 Users Liked This Post

Parddy (12-07-2018), Sect309Fan (12-07-2018), Yvette (12-07-2018)

Whatever else happens, we have had three of the best games in franchise history right here at Nissan Stadium this season.

My voice is gone-that was f'ing awesome! We're going to the Giants game next weekend-its nice to be playing for something there.

GO TITANS!

Where's that damn cat?

John
    “Now What?’’

28. 4 Users Liked This Post

HALL45ROX (12-07-2018), Parddy (12-07-2018), Sect309Fan (12-07-2018), Yvette (12-07-2018)

Great to see TGB with a positive comment about the Titans.

The coaches appeared to "listen to the fans" in this game. First drive, Mariota was in hurry up the whole time, changing the play as he saw fit. It worked beautifully for an easy long TD drive. Then the coaches let Henry run as much as he wanted, something the fans have been wanting for a while now. They even changed punt returners, though that part was a disaster (never thought I would be so glad seeing Jackson field punts).

Mariota was kept safe all night, with just one semi-sack (he was running back to the line, so there was no yardage loss). On the other hand, the Titans pass rush crushed Kessler with 4 massive sacks (one for a fumble). The defense had so many bone-jarring (but legal) tackles, and that goal line stand was incredible. I think the Titans still would have won if they had fallen behind 9-7, but I had no doubt when it was 13-2.

After further review, I guess the Jags TD was the right call, by the slimmest of margins.

The Titans now get a 10 day break, something they need considering the injuries. Smith may be really hurt, Conklin had to leave with a knee injury, and several others had to leave the game at some point. Three more games like this one, and they are almost guaranteed to be in the playoffs.

This was only the fourth time in the Mariota era where the Titans won a game without scoring in the 4th quarter. They did it against the Jags last year, the Broncos game in 2016, and Mariota's first game against the Bucs in 2015.

One of the few downsides to the game was no Wendy's Frostys were won (have to score in the 4th).

Quote Originally Posted by hooktool View Post
    We're going to the Giants game next weekend-its nice to be playing for something there.

GO TITANS!

John
    Me too. Where are you sitting???

What a great game!!!! That goal line stand and ensuing 99 yard run is the kind of thing that can put a team on a serious roll. That was BIGTIME. I hope they can pull this off.

Giants with all their skill players and a pretty good coach is scary. They look much better as of late. If the Titans can go into Met Life and pull one out I think they have a really good chance.

That Henry run? Wow, that was unreal.
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

32. 2 Users Liked This Post

HALL45ROX (12-07-2018), Sect309Fan (12-07-2018)

What was your thoughts after Henry broke the yardage record, he pulled himself out of the game when we were 1st and goal.

I know he was wanting Lewis to score, like he said afterwards...we both got to eat..

Coach was telling him to get back in the game and he refused to go back in until 3rd down.

The Jags knew the play calls were all Henry.

I know the last drive I was like, don't keep running the ball with 12 men in the box...then we ran that little roll out to the left to get 1st down...sweet!!

Then today Ramsey saying he did his job, it wasn't his fault they lost?

I recall Henry blowing past him on his 50+ TD.

+ Reply to Thread