+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titans have 19th pick in draft

Default Titans have 19th pick in draft

The top 20 picks are locked and set for the NFL draft , which remind you will be live in Nashville this year!!

The Titans have the 19th pick.

The one mock has us drafting Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas State.

A position breakdown of who it had going before our pick looks like this...

5 DT
    4 DE
    3 OT
    2 QB
    1CB
    1DL
    1CB
    1S

As a whole first round it only had the 2 QB's going and 2 WR's going at #24 and #25.

We do have to thank the Steelers for their comeback win over the Bengals to give us the #19 pick instead of #20. Thanks, dakid, for posting this.

It's too early to tell where we will focus. We need Offensive Guard, a pass rusher (as always), punt returner, wide receiver (I guess), and you can never have too many defensive studs.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

I think a stud DL is a must, the kind that can get to the quarterback to team with Casey. A pass rushing LB to replace Orakpo would be great too. We definitely need interior line help to protect Marcus. That group really broke down this year.
    Last edited by TitansGiantsBears; 01-01-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

Positions in clear need: OL, DL, LB. A DB will not hurt.

Walker will be back for 2019? If not a TE is in need as well.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

Biggest, strongest, fastest pass rusher on the board. That's who I want.
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

6. The following user likes this post:

zonian (01-05-2019)

I concur, Paul.

We need another Kearse...

I haven't followed the team as closely as usual this season due to external issues, and I feel more like an outsider, but I think this is a make or break offseason for this team, as Robinson's moves last year were not great. Not bad, but not great. This team needs to protect the hell out of Mariota (or whomever the QB of the future is), and that starts with OL and more offensive weapons. Our QBs got destroyed this season, and that cannot happen again.

Free Agency:
    Priority #1 should be OL upgrade. I think Conklin will be fine, but he should probably be moved inside. Wherever he starts, this team must retool the interior OL or else this team will not be in the playoffs next season either.

Priority #2 needs to be getting another playmaker in the offense. Yes, Jonnu/Walker will be back, but even with them, this team needs another receiver who can actually do something. Davis looks like he will end up as a elite #2 WR or hopefully a #1, but he is solid. Taywan Taylor is still a work in progress, and Sharpe is what he is at this point. The thought of trading for Antonio Brown is certainly mouthwatering, as he would be an absolute game changer who could open everything up. However, this is a pipe dream. It may be best to look at the draft and get a WR like N'keal or someone too, but I would hate to drop another 1st on a WR.

Priority #3 in FA would be a stud LB/DE like Ansah, Clowney, Mosley or others to improve upon (the now retired) Orakpo's production. Vrabel and Pees have some connections with these guys, so there is a chance.

Draft:

*Assuming we address the playmaker issue*
    Give me Rashan Gary if he is there when we pick. He was hampered by a shoulder issue all year, but will be healthy by the combine, and he supposedly runs a 4.5 40 yard dash at 6-5 ~290 which is terrifying. He didn't get a ton of sacks in his two years as a starter, but I have rarely seen a guy attract as many double and triple (yes, triple) teams as he did, allowing others to get to the runner/QB. He is everywhere on mocks and could be top 5 or as low as 20, so if he is there, I think it would be a great pickup.

*Assuming we address the front 7 in FA*
    Pray AJ Brown falls, or trade down a few picks if possible and get Parris Campbell from OSU. The guy is arguably the most explosive guy in CFB and would allow the team to have a guy who could blow the top off of the defense. If you give this guy any space at all or if he can break free with his surprising stiff arm, he is gone. He is also built like a RB at 6'1" and 210 pounds. His game is just solid, and is electrifying on sweeps, screens, deep-routes, going over the middle, and everything else. I just love the thought of a guy who can be put anywhere on the field and just dominate. Put him at KR/PR/WR/RB and just let him go.

In the second round (or late first if we trade out of #19), I would love to see us get Cody Ford and plug him in as our guard if we do not overhaul the interior OL in FA.

In the later rounds (4th round or so) I want us to take a QB (Grier - who will fall when his average arm strength is exposed in workouts IMO, Stidham, Shurmer). This QB will be someone who can be molded into a potential heir apparent for Mariota if he sucks next season, or a high end backup for when he inevitably misses a game.
    Last edited by Titansfan777; 01-05-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

This mock has us trading our #19 to the Pats to move down to the end of the 1st round. In exchange, we'd get Dont'a Hightower and an extra 4th round pick. They have us selecting NC State guard Garrett Bradbury.

https://247sports.com/nfl/tennessee-...ades-129695204

The Tennessean has the Titans selecting Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...ck/3028343002/

Fansided has the Titans selecting Florida Edge Rusher Jachai Polite.

https://fansided.com/2019/02/17/tenn...even-rounds/2/
    Last edited by TitansGiantsBears; 03-05-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

10. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (03-05-2019)

It really depends on what happens in free agency. I was surprised to the see the Titans mentioned as a contender for Antonio Brown, who is awesome on the field and appears to be a pain in the butt off the field.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

+ Reply to Thread