+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Worst Super Bowl ever?

Default Worst Super Bowl ever?

You had two teams that Titans fans typically hate, no TDs through three quarters, a severe lack of exciting plays, missed field goals, and the dynasty winning yet again in the lowest scoring Super Bowl ever. Plus the halftime show was as boring as the game.

CBS probably still did well since it was close till the very end, and twitter/facebook/etc had a great source of jokes the whole game (I personally liked one in the third quarter that predicted the final score of Maroon 5, Pats 3 )

I want Brady and Belichick to retire so badly.

At least we can say the Titans beat the previous and that year's Super Bowl champs in the same year.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

2. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (02-07-2019)

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Welcome to the Suck

4. The following user likes this post:

Face (02-05-2019)

Mikey,

Just sit back and try to enjoy the privilege of getting to witness #12 the GOAT play. 9 Super Bowls and 6 Rings. You may never see this again.
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

Quote Originally Posted by Parddy View Post
    You may never see this again.
    I sure hope not.

7. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (02-08-2019)

I take that back.....Maybe #7 next year...
    Whiz: "Obviously, we are very disappointed" ..

I didn't watch the Super Bowl for the second straight year. My interest in the NFL is at an all-time low. Last year was the first Super Bowl I missed since I started watching back with Super Bowl IX. Breaking that streak made it really easy to miss this year's game too. My son and I tossed the baseball out in the driveway until it was too dark to see.

What was different though was this was the first season I didn't even watch a playoff game. I just don't have the passion for football that I used to. It also marked the first time I didn't watch a single college football game all year until the national championship. I'm not sure what it is; the lack of defense, patsy rules, horrible officiating, a league that seems to want certain outcomes so it can control the narrative, a commissioner more obsessed with the business of football than football, bored watching the same teams all the time, a little of all the above.

I'll probably watch the Titans games next year though. I like what Vrabel and Robinson are doing with the team and there's a lot of young talent. It's always fun to watch them develop. But like last season, I'll likely DVR the game and watch at my convenience. It's easier to find the football game amidst all the commercials that way.

Oh yeah, add that to the list.

Edit: Check that. I did watch a little of the first Oklahoma/Texas game.
    Last edited by TitansGiantsBears; 03-05-2019 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Just Remembered
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

The playoffs had some amazing games, so you did miss out. The big downer was the Super Bowl itself, which was a shame.

To watch college football, you really need a team. I watched Vandy play all year, but I hardly watched anything else. I love both Vandy and the Titans, but I enjoy pro football a lot more (which is not a typical southern thing).
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    The playoffs had some amazing games, so you did miss out. The big downer was the Super Bowl itself, which was a shame.

To watch college football, you really need a team. I watched Vandy play all year, but I hardly watched anything else. I love both Vandy and the Titans, but I enjoy pro football a lot more (which is not a typical southern thing).
    Football is just dying at this point. Yeah, the money may continue to rise for a bit, but IMO we are about to see a drop. It may not be huge, but I expect a fairly steady decline over the next decade or so.

The sport's dangers are now in full view and parents will shy away from playing their kids in it, which will lower the available talent, which will eventually work its way up to the NFL, which is when the product may really start to suffer.

At the same time, many people in my demographic (20-30) are increasingly going to soccer as the new fun sport to watch. I own a Chelsea FC jersey now for example. My younger brother and all of his friends (in the 10-20 age bracket) all are E-Sports, Soccer, and Basketball fans. Football is meh to them.

I think most of these reasons are why the NFL needs to consider dumping Goodell and getting a more long-term oriented commish, but these owners can't see past the immediate dollar signs in front of them IMO.

At this point, I just hope Michigan and the Titans win championships before the game as we know it changes.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

+ Reply to Thread