+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titans Free Agency Updates....

Threaded View

Default Titans Free Agency Updates....

Signed Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Adam Humphries to a 4 year, $36 million contract. Humphries is just 25 years of age and was regarded as one of the best slot receivers available in free agency. He had his most productive season last year, totalling 76 catches, 816 yards, and 5 touchdowns.

Humphries dropped one pass on 81 catchable targets. He had 428 yards after the catch, 10th in the NFL amongst wide receivers. He was also tied for 12th in yards per route from the slot. Good blocker and can punt return as well.

Re-signed Kenny Vaccaro to a 4 year, $26 million contract.

Re-signed David Fluellen to a one year deal.

2. 4 Users Liked This Post

barnybyrd (03-14-2019), hooktool (03-13-2019), Sect309Fan (03-12-2019), Yvette (03-18-2019)

Titans making big moves people. We've signed former Rams Offensive lineman (left Guard), Rodger Saffold to a 4 year, $44 million dollar contract. He's a beast and one of the best in the business.

He and Lewan will combine to form one of the best left sides of any offensive line in the NFL. Derrick Henry is going to love this.

Doesn't look like we'll re-sign Quinton Spain. This may be it for J-Rob in free agency in terms of big moves. We'll probably address DE and outside WR in the draft. We also need to look at an offensive lineman for the right side, and an interior defensive lineman to pair with Casey.
    Last edited by DieHardTitan; 03-12-2019 at 03:58 PM.

4. 2 Users Liked This Post

barnybyrd (03-14-2019), hooktool (03-13-2019)

Well well well. Titans agree to terms with 37 year old Dolphins DE, Cameron Wake. 3 years, $23 million, $10 million guaranteed.

Wake had 6 sacks and 17 QB hits in a reduced role last season.

Wake finished second among qualifying edge rushers in PFF’s Pass Rush Productivity metric so the reduced role allowed him to remain highly effective in the snaps he did get. I’m sure the Titans will plan to use him similarly in 2019 in a rotation with Harold Landry, Sharif Finch, Kamalei Correa, and almost certainly a high draft pick.
    https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/pl...mpression=true

6. 2 Users Liked This Post

barnybyrd (03-14-2019), hooktool (03-13-2019)

I have the right to remain silent, I just don't have the ability.

8. The following user likes this post:

hooktool (03-16-2019)

The trade for Tannehill represents a significant upgrade from Gabbert. Tannehill has a lot of starts under his belt in the league which is a great thing to have for a backup. It also means the team doesn't need to spend a draft choice on a QB. They still may if it comes to a point where they're looking at just taking the best player available in the later rounds but it gives them the flexibility to not do so. I'd rather bring in someone as a free agent to serve as a third string camp body than to go the Luke Falk route again this year.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

10. 2 Users Liked This Post

DieHardTitan (04-14-2019), Yvette (03-18-2019)

The three biggest needs this year are pash rusher, WR, and offensive guard. With the Titans getting one of each in free agency, it will be interesting to see what they do in the draft. They still likely get one of these positions with a first round pick, though they have a lot of flexibility now.

I am good with the Tannehill trade, though it is frustrating to see some Titans fans think he will challenge Mariota for the starter's position. Mariota will be the starter.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

12. The following user likes this post:

DieHardTitan (04-14-2019)

Tannehill was a huge pickup. The guy will probably start 2-3 games in 2019. Mariota will be the starter, but Tannehill is only a slight downgrade.
    2/3 of the world is covered in water, the other 1/3 is covered by Charles Woodson

14. The following user likes this post:

DieHardTitan (04-14-2019)

+ Reply to Thread