+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tennessee's 2019 Draft Picks

Thanks for the clarification. I am glad I was watching the ABC broadcast then.

I watch ESPN for the games only, and they do a great job of producing games. I just have no interest in anything else on any sports channel, not just ESPN. The internet gives me everything I need.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

That's a shame then. The kid deserves much better than that given his more recent past. Did he do something absolutely stupid? Yes, he did and it was indefensible. I think he recognizes that though and since that time, he's been a standup human being from what we know. That should count for something. LeGarrette Blount did something stupid in college and it followed him too. Had the incident with Boise State not happened Blount would have been drafted somewhere between the 2nd and 4th round, rather than being an undrafted free agent. How would that have affect his career? Let's say he ended up here as a third round pick. You think Fisher and Co. would have waived him and hoped he cleared? Absolutely not, he would have been at least made a solid contribution for a few years.

The NFL Network didn't harp so much on the pick. They did mention the incident but didn't show a video or anything like that. They did, however, move on very quickly rather than talking him up or detailing video of him. It was unfortunate but it sounds like ESPN did a hatchet job on the kid.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

By the way, I think the Titans closed out strong and got some real value in their later picks. I still don't believe they addressed their pass rush problem but they added some depth. Hooker gives us some much-needed depth in the back end of the defense. He wasn't drafted to start or even compete for a starting position but he was a steal where they got him. Same thing goes for Walker and Long. It wouldn't surprise me to see both stick on the 53 man roster. Overall, I give it a solid C. I may be inclined to give it a higher grade but the lack of an impact rusher won't allow me to grade it higher than average. That's where I've graded other JRob drafts thus far and it's rare for me to give any team higher than that. That said, draft grades don't really matter until the players produce a body of work to judge. Check back in a year or two and we'll see how good this one really was.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

Quote Originally Posted by TitansGiantsBears View Post
    That's a shame then. The kid deserves much better than that given his more recent past. Did he do something absolutely stupid? Yes, he did and it was indefensible. I think he recognizes that though and since that time, he's been a standup human being from what we know. That should count for something. LeGarrette Blount did something stupid in college and it followed him too. Had the incident with Boise State not happened Blount would have been drafted somewhere between the 2nd and 4th round, rather than being an undrafted free agent. How would that have affect his career? Let's say he ended up here as a third round pick. You think Fisher and Co. would have waived him and hoped he cleared? Absolutely not, he would have been at least made a solid contribution for a few years.

The NFL Network didn't harp so much on the pick. They did mention the incident but didn't show a video or anything like that. They did, however, move on very quickly rather than talking him up or detailing video of him. It was unfortunate but it sounds like ESPN did a hatchet job on the kid.
    The ESPN broadcast did the opposite of a hatchet job. They may have focused on the incident but they were constantly talking about how he’s been a model citizen since then. They also went into details about the incident which in turn painted him in a better light. I think they did a very good job in handling it. I know I felt better about the pick after their piece.
    Something, something and a little more something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post

Now I have no idea what the NFL Network did, and it's possible they were the ones that talked about the incident the whole time.
    No. I watched the whole draft at NFLN and any of the commentators bought any negatives to the picks.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

Quote Originally Posted by Titanico View Post
    No. I watched the whole draft at NFLN and any of the commentators bought any negatives to the picks.
    Yeah, it was the main ESPN TV crew that did it (as opposed to the ESPN Gameday crew on ABC). But good to know that the NFL Network crew was fair.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

+ Reply to Thread