+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gerald McCoy

Default Gerald McCoy

I've seen where Titans fans are interested in bringing him in for one season while Simmons rehabs. The price would be high, between 10 and 13 million. He's still a very productive player and a McCoy and Casey combo would give other teams fits. We have the cap space but they won't be able to roll that money over into next year's cap and we have some work to do signing our own players. Byard looks like he's going to get done. What I heard on the radio this week is that they'll probably re-sign Byard and Henry and Conklin will be the odd man out. So what do you think? McCoy or not?

BTW, the Colts are interested in McCoy. It would almost be worth it to sign him to keep him away from them.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

Getting McCoy so that Indy or Jacksonville doesn't get him is a sound strategy. Conklin already is a long shot to stay since wo O-linemen already have huge contracts. If he has to be sacrificed next year to get McCoy, it is a reasonable tradeoff.

I hope the Titans get him, but it seems strange that McCoy has been out in the market for a while now with nothing done yet.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

McCoy signed a one year, $8 million deal with the Panthers. While it would have been good to get him, at least our division and conference rivals didn't get him.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

+ Reply to Thread