+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Observations of the Pats-Titans preseason game

Default Observations of the Pats-Titans preseason game

For those of you that attend games, there are some changes.

1. For those of you that enter the gates on the North end zone, the Titans set up a wall so that you have to walk all the way past gate 2 (if coming from the main parking lots) to get to gates 2 and 3. It's unnecessary, and it makes getting to gate 3 a lot more difficult. (Update: corrected gate numbers thanks to Zonian)

2. Getting through the metal detectors was quick, but there weren't enough ticket scanners (at least at gate 2). It's a slower process already because of having to scan phones and tickets, so I hope the Titans beef that part up.

3. It appears the Kroger's shopping cart race is gone, as well as the coupon books that have been around since the beginning. I have mixed feelings about it, since the free food products were a nice bonus, but it was also a lot of wasted paper each game.

4. There are two online games now that are accessed through the mobile Titans app (match game and hi-low). What is tricky is that the Titans jumbotrons tell the fans to play the games at certain times, but you can only do it when the game is played on the field during a break. Fans in the stands have a chance to win gift cards.

5. I didn't see any changes to concessions, though there are extra discounts now for Titans season ticket holders.

As for the game itself, I thought the Titans first and second string played well. I am not sure why the Titans punted after the second 3-and-out, but at least Mariota stayed in for three drives and ended with a Walker TD and Mariota run for 2 points. It was terrific to see Walker making catches again.

Tannehill also had a good TD drive. The offensive holding calls were a big problem though, stalling too many drives.

The defense played well (though it was against Hoyer and not Brady). Logan Ryan had a nice INT, and the defense also forced a safety. There were still too many hands-to-the-face calls against the defense.

Kern was amazing as well, downing almost every punt inside the 5.

The Titans did lose in the end, since our camp bodies weren't as good as the Patriots' camp bodies. But being ahead 17-8 at halftime is what matters.
    Last edited by Sect309Fan; 08-18-2019 at 12:37 PM.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

2. 3 Users Liked This Post

barnybyrd (08-24-2019), hooktool (08-24-2019), TitansGiantsBears (08-19-2019)

Thanks for the stadium update. I agree on the Kroger race thing, but it is time for something new.

4. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (08-18-2019)

I couldn't agree more about the new, longer barrier that must be passed before being able to enter at the North End Zone.
    It truly is unnecessary and inconvenient!
    A minor correction though, if I may, it is down at gates 2 & 3. Gate 1 is on the East Side (50 yard line), near the Pro Shop.
    I'm going to miss the Kroger Race & the coupons for free goods! I haven't bought hot sauce in 20 years! (I'm about out, though.)
    And, last year we were able to freeze enough 1/2 gallon Kroger milk to last almost 6 months! I want my free bread!

6. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (08-18-2019)

I try not to get too picky in the preseason, just observe and see how the pieces fit. It seems our likely 53 outplayed the Patriots. I think their ones and twos played deeper into the game as well. I see why coaches are high on Dickerson and Mack. David Long played well but the lack of talent around him toward the end was painful to watch. I know he's a camp body but we couldn't find anyone better than Barnard? I assume he's there because he can (sort of) kick and punt which allows Kern some rest and Succop to heal without taking up two positions but this kid is terrible. Still, I'm not too worried since he is a camp body. I'm not terribly impressed with any of the young running backs. I expect all of them to be cut. McNichols can break one off every now and then but he simply takes what's there. He doesn't create if it's not and it turns into a stuffed run every time. Barnes looked better this time out but he lacks quickness. Sometimes a back can be slow but still have quick feet and good explosion. I see neither from this kid. He's slow and has slow feet. Not having Henry out there tonight made it painfully obvious Lewis can't cut it in regular season. He's a good receiving option on third downs but it's useless to hand him the football in short yardage. I would like to have seen Brown do something. This draft is starting to be a little frustrating in the short term at least. We knew Simmons was likely to sit for the year or at least a big part of it. But these other injuries have cost our rookie class valuable learning time. I exaggerate when I say this, but I didn't know we drafted an entire class that wouldn't see the field. Hopefully they're just being overly-cautious. One thing I didn't like seeing tonight, if Corey wants to be "the man" he has to catch that one ball that was thrown to him. Stud receivers come down with that catch. All in all though, it felt more like a win than a loss.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

8. The following user likes this post:

HALL45ROX (08-20-2019)

Well, I spoke with a representative of the Titans concerning the "bike rack" barrier down at gate #2.

Apparently, the purpose of the barrier is to prevent the lines from the points of entry from blocking the sidewalk.

I guess I can live with that...
    Last edited by zonian; 08-22-2019 at 05:55 AM.

That makes sense. I am just going to enter through the East gates from now on, which makes it a lot easier.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

+ Reply to Thread