+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Don't forget Sept. 3, 2019 Titanstailgate RIOT League's LIVE DRAFT

My team woke-up again!

Maximus
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

Honest truth from my part: I never thought Lamar Jackson would have this type of MVP season. You Maximus, took 5-6 players I wanted to select.

I was in (according to my honest perpective) facing another tough season, when the Draft was done.

This is the highest seed/place I had ever been at. Feels good.
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

Well, my team is ready to face the next round.

And I am sure, whoever faces me, wil never be too confident.

My team became into the League's earthquake this year (meaning: you'll never know when it's going to hit and how hard it's going to be)

It's time to play against Charlie's team again, but this time in the Championship bracket to see who arrives to the Championship game.

It has been a good season for me, finally. Many players had responded and also with a high swagger.

But I had to insist, my team became the League's earthquake. You never know when it's going to hit and how hard it's going to be.

If everything works right, this has to be a hard and well fought match.
    Last edited by Titanico; 12-11-2019 at 02:21 PM.

This semi-final game againt Charlie's was as tough and close as I was thinking.

13 years that I created this League, in which the competition has been ferocious...no-holds-barred, year after year, and FINALLY I get into my first final game EVER!!

Thanks to each of you for putting your best. Now it's time to see if the trophy stays here or goes to titansraport
    Last edited by Titanico; 12-18-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Wave list became quite thin to do 1 or 2 movements
    Last edited by Titanico; 12-18-2019 at 03:12 PM.

It's become fuller. I'll try to avoid LOSING THE LAST PLACE GAME THAT I HAVE TO PLAY the best I can with the guys I have. If my guys are hurt I guess I'm just SOL.
    Last edited by Maximus; 12-19-2019 at 03:40 AM.
    Was going to do some procrastinating, but decided to put it off for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    It's become fuller. I'll try to avoid LOSING THE LAST PLACE GAME THAT I HAVE TO PLAY the best I can with the guys I have. If my guys are hurt I guess I'm just SOL.
    Max..now you know what it feels like to be standing in those places. I had been having my share of seasons on there.

The difference with me is that I stay out of the way, not being in the Championship team's way.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanico View Post
    Max..now you know what it feels like to be standing in those places. I had been having my share of seasons on there.

The difference with me is that I stay out of the way, not being in the Championship team's way.
    T, I don't have a problem with not being in the playoffs, that's part of it. It's not the first time I've missed the playoffs, probably won't be the last, although I'm pretty sure it will be for this league. I certainly don't begrudge the success you've had, but I have to say if you don't want teams competing in Consolation games then you shouldn't allow for consolation games at all & lock the rosters at the end of the regular season. I have a game on the schedule for this week with a lineup to set. It's not fair to have those games scheduled & then get angry at the managers for competing in them.

The Waiver Wire system is there for a reason. Teams put in claims for players they want. Since I was eliminated I have not filed one waiver claim, not one. Every player I picked up was a free agent & was usually 2-3 days after the WW's unlocked except for this last time since I have an actual game this week, giving everyone what should have been ample time to get any, every & all the players they wanted or needed. If they don't do that that's on them, not me. If you look at the so called players I've picked up, the only one I kept was Larry Fitzgerald who is far from a fantasy juggernaut these days & was picked up for sentimental reasons. It also seems to be overlooked that I also dropped the 49ers D as a gesture of good sportsmanship to the competing teams. When playoff teams don't file waiver wire claims then go 2, 3 even 4 days after waivers unlock I can only assume they're not interested in that player & it's ok for me to pick them up to prepare for my consolation game. I'm not a mind reader here.

No, the difference is when I play in playoff games I take responsibility enough to file the waiver claims for the players I want & I don't get angry at other teams who are simply trying to field a competitive team in games they're scheduled to play. I didn't demand everyone ignore their contests & reserve every player for myself, & players were most certainly picked up, especially in the league's 10-12 team days. Acting with a sense of entitlement is what goes against the spirit of good sportsmanship & I never did that. If I didn't go out I get what I needed that was ON ME.

You're trying to win a Championship. I get that. Yes, I've played long enough with you to know you've had some hard luck & whether you believe it or not I was truly happy seeing you have the success you've had & was earnestly pulling for you to win it. What you don't seem to understand was I am playing for something too. I'm playing to avoid last place. Others are playing for third place. You claim you want people active, but get upset when they are?

The most disappointing thing was the vicious post you made & then deleted that went out in league Emails when you could've just talked to me directly like we've always done(you have my email right there) when there was a problem & worked things out like two adults.

Irregardless, I'm done after this game. There's been a lot of great years doing this & I hope you have the best of luck in the big game, & going forward in the future.
    Last edited by Maximus; 12-20-2019 at 01:19 AM.
    Was going to do some procrastinating, but decided to put it off for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post

The most disappointing thing was the vicious post you made & then deleted that went out in league Emails when you could've just talked to me directly like we've always done(you have my email right there) when there was a problem & worked things out like two adults.

I didn't mention the cosntant struggle I had been having since Drafts, several and continues. Time after time.

I had always shown class and respect as this League's commisioner, and I had been sharing my maturness and sportmanship, not taking players off the waver list. No one and I repeat: no one, could have the moral authority to stand up at me on this. I had been the example, season after season.

Do you think I haven't felt frustrated? I've got my good dose feeling that. Season after season, and here I come up taking the best, doing the best and going back hoping to have a decent season. Am I am vicious, after what I posted and then delete? I don't think so.

I never had been in the quarter finalists' or finalists' way. Have you considered that? No, since you went ahead and took a player not considering all these that I just explained. That irks me to no end, and as you can see I am using a very respectful type of words.

JABULANI HORNETS 2019 Champions!

First best season seeded ever also, for my team in 13 seasons. The Championship game, stood close until the last game.

I think this is the last League's season. it has been quite hard to keep it going since 4 seasons ago. I do appreciate everyone's commitment and effort. each one of you made of this League a highly competitive one (with some exceptions here and there).

There was a team which left 82 pts. on the bench, There was a team who took players off wavers which irked me since I never did something like that and i didn't find the same sportmanship and honor needed.

It was a great ride. Take care.

12. The following user likes this post:

Predarat (12-24-2019)

Congrats to you Titanico! Well done.

14. The following user likes this post:

Titanico (12-24-2019)

+ Reply to Thread