+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can the Titans get to 2-0?

Default Can the Titans get to 2-0?

Looking back over the last 10 years, the Titans have won their first game 4 previous times, with 3 of them on the road. Three of those wins were blowouts (38-13 over Raiders in 2010, 26-10 over Chiefs in 2014, and 42-14 over Bucs in 2015).

Unfortunately, the Titans lost the next game all 4 times. The Titans also have faced the Colts three times in week two (2003, 2004, 2007), all after an opening win, and lost each time.

The last time the Titans started 2-0 was that amazing 2008 season, where they ended up starting 10-0.

The Colts weren't terrible against the Chargers, taking the game to OT. The good news is that the Titans are 3-1 against the Colts when Luck or Peyton isn't the starting QB.

Sunday is going to be huge. It was a milestone game for this season even when Luck was on the team, and it is even more important now with Luck gone. The Titans should win, but as I pointed out, this team hasn't handled first game blowouts very well. Hopefully this time is different, and Vrabel seems like the coach that can keep the players focused and even-keeled.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

2. 2 Users Liked This Post

hooktool (09-10-2019), zonian (09-09-2019)

Even-keeled, grounded, that's going to be key. We'll see come Sunday...

GO TITANS!

I was looking back, and the only other time the Titans started 2-0 was in 1999. So a win Sunday would be a very rare occurrence.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Well I am not a respect card guy, but the Titans sure aren’t getting any. Everything I read not from TN is like the Titans were lucky and won’t be able to do it again against the Colts.

+ Reply to Thread