+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Colts - Titans gameday thread

Default Colts - Titans gameday thread

Good morning, Titans fans! The Colts are in town, and the Titans are seeking revenge for being knocked out of a playoff spot last year. It should be a great game.

The big issue today is handling the heat, both for players and fans. The expected kickoff temperature is now at 91 degrees, and it feel like 95, and it will only go up during the game. The Titans will be wearing white jerseys and light blue pants, so that might help some, but it will brutal on the field today.

Because of the heat, both teams will likely try to pound the ball to wear out the defenses. Whoever wins time of possession in this one definitely has an advantage.

The Titans are a slight favorite, though I have seen this game as a popular upset pick. This game is hugely important to the Titans, as a win puts us 2 games over the Colts and the loser of the Jags-Texans game. I hate to look ahead too much, but with a win today, starting the season 8-1 or 9-0 is within reach (which will be needed to handle the very tough backend of the schedule).

I really liked what I saw last week. The defense looks legit, while the offense did well despite barely using two of our stronger weapons (Davis and Humphries). Hopefully they can continue to not make crucial mistakes (penalties and turnovers), which was a big reason they won and the Browns lost.

Go Titans!!!!
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

2. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (09-16-2019)

Similar start to last week. Early mistakes give the Colts a 7-0 lead.

Great TD drive. Queensbury with the TD!

Titans defense choked badly, and the colts lead 13-7.

That was an ugly first half with so many little mistakes on both sides of the ball.

However, we are just down 13-7. Hopefully we make adjustments and get the lead back.

Nice TD drive to take a 14-13 lead

Titans defense is playing well this half. 17-13

Both teams have stalled. Next TD likely wins it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    Both teams have stalled. Next TD likely wins it.
    Mariota has the mental awareness of a potato
    **** **** **** ADMIN - PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT **** **** ****

11. 2 Users Liked This Post

TitanPop (09-15-2019), TitansGiantsBears (09-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Titansfan777 View Post
    Mariota has the mental awareness of a potato
    Not even a baked potato either...a raw, unpeeled potato covered in dirt.

This has been a poorly coached game. Way too conservative, and didn't challenge when we should.

Hope we can still win this

Its over. Mariota **** all over McNair's memory today with another bust-worthy performance. He is a certifiable joke of an NFL player at this point. 14 more regular season games until he can be kicked to the curb.

Throw Tanny in and see if he can do something.

If he is re-signed, I will throw in the towel as a fan.
    Last edited by Titansfan777; 09-15-2019 at 03:45 PM.

I can't think of one player that did well today. Complete team loss with mistakes in all phases. Very disappointing.

Titans now 3 for 20 on third downs after two games

Marcus has to go! A fifth year QB shouldn't play this poorly. There are other problems for this team - they can't seem to wrap up and tackle and they can't stop the run. And honestly, the coaching was piss poor as well. Twice in the first half Vrable should have challenged but preserved his time outs instead and then didn't even call a timeout in the half. The clock management at the end of the game was pathetic. You don't spike the ball on third down.

That all said, this game was lost at QB. Division games are rarely blowouts either way. You expect they will be close. But his poor performance absolutely cost Tennessee this game. Even when completing passes, he consistently threw behind his receivers which put them in poor position to make any play after the catch. This was an issue last week in Cleveland as well. Against the Browns he missed wide open throws to Davis and Sharpe and showed poor ball placement on his completions. This week was more of the same. The first drive doesn't stall if he hits Delanie in stride on the first drive. Instead, the ball was behind him. But it's not just the poor throws but taking sacks as well. He holds onto the ball and looks like a deer in headlights. You can see the panic. He sometimes starts tucking the ball at the hint of pressure.

If he's still playing like this eight games into the season, they need to sit him and figure out what they're going to do next year.

We also need to sit Lewis. He brings very little to the offense. Handing the ball to him is a waste of a down. He does well in pass protection and once in a blue moon makes a catch and does something if there's open space but he's a liability not a weapon.

On the defensive side of the ball, this is not a good tackling team. There is entirely too much arm-tackling, especially up front. Hopefully Simmons will help when he comes back but that may not be until next year. Jones, Johnson, and Dickerson are ineffective. Part of what we're feeling is a poor draft class. I like the Simmons pick but the Titans are a 6-10 to 10-6 type team. There's really little difference between the two, a bounce here, a call there, and fortunes change. Those teams need players who will step in and contribute right away. Brown may work out as a second rounder but it doesn't matter how good he or Davis are if we don't have a QB that can get them the ball. Then we waste a third rounder on a project guard from a small school with a funky stance when there were still edge rushers and D-line that could contribute. I think Robinson has been average as a GM thus far, which is much better than any others we've had in here. But it seems for every Kevin Byard he hits on there's a Kevin Dodd or Austin Johnson.

Most of my complaints aren't about a Robinson player though. You can win with an average GM. There are few great ones out there and far more bad ones than average ones even. But you can't win in this league with a QB who can't develop beyond rookie-level skills.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

18. The following user likes this post:

TitanPop (09-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TitansGiantsBears View Post
    Marcus has to go! A fifth year QB shouldn't play this poorly. There are other problems for this team - they can't seem to wrap up and tackle and they can't stop the run. And honestly, the coaching was piss poor as well. Twice in the first half Vrable should have challenged but preserved his time outs instead and then didn't even call a timeout in the half. The clock management at the end of the game was pathetic. You don't spike the ball on third down.

That all said, this game was lost at QB. Division games are rarely blowouts either way. You expect they will be close. But his poor performance absolutely cost Tennessee this game. Even when completing passes, he consistently threw behind his receivers which put them in poor position to make any play after the catch. This was an issue last week in Cleveland as well. Against the Browns he missed wide open throws to Davis and Sharpe and showed poor ball placement on his completions. This week was more of the same. The first drive doesn't stall if he hits Delanie in stride on the first drive. Instead, the ball was behind him. But it's not just the poor throws but taking sacks as well. He holds onto the ball and looks like a deer in headlights. You can see the panic. He sometimes starts tucking the ball at the hint of pressure.

If he's still playing like this eight games into the season, they need to sit him and figure out what they're going to do next year.

We also need to sit Lewis. He brings very little to the offense. Handing the ball to him is a waste of a down. He does well in pass protection and once in a blue moon makes a catch and does something if there's open space but he's a liability not a weapon.

On the defensive side of the ball, this is not a good tackling team. There is entirely too much arm-tackling, especially up front. Hopefully Simmons will help when he comes back but that may not be until next year. Jones, Johnson, and Dickerson are ineffective. Part of what we're feeling is a poor draft class. I like the Simmons pick but the Titans are a 6-10 to 10-6 type team. There's really little difference between the two, a bounce here, a call there, and fortunes change. Those teams need players who will step in and contribute right away. Brown may work out as a second rounder but it doesn't matter how good he or Davis are if we don't have a QB that can get them the ball. Then we waste a third rounder on a project guard from a small school with a funky stance when there were still edge rushers and D-line that could contribute. I think Robinson has been average as a GM thus far, which is much better than any others we've had in here. But it seems for every Kevin Byard he hits on there's a Kevin Dodd or Austin Johnson.

Most of my complaints aren't about a Robinson player though. You can win with an average GM. There are few great ones out there and far more bad ones than average ones even. But you can't win in this league with a QB who can't develop beyond rookie-level skills.
    What he said... 3 Mississippi, 4 Mississippi... Then tucks the ball, WTFreak... No pocket awarenesses, looks like a project QB at best. Time to move on while the team is still intact, no injuries that I heard of. I have seen more then enough...bye Felicia...
    JUST WAITING ON 2019, GO TITANS!!!
    ∆ so far it is just so so BAD!∆

20. The following user likes this post:

TitansGiantsBears (09-15-2019)

I honestly don't see them getting rid of him this year and I'm not sure Tannehill is any better or worse. In fact, he was the only QB in the league last year who worse at taking sacks than Marcus. They can't keep Marcus though. A nightmare scenario would be them franchising him and paying him big money to prove he's as average at best as everyone, but the front office, can clearly see. And it's a shame. Marcus is a great guy. You want him to do well. He does and says all the right things. He works hard, is a good teammate, and is no danger of securing a spot on the police blotter. Nothing would make me happier than to see him succeed. I just don't think he can. We've seen his ceiling and he's little more than a serviceable backup. If a guy is missing receivers and throwing behind them as a rookie, you can excise it on the speed of the game, adjusting to smaller windows, adjusting to the pro games, new mechanics, etc. When a guy does it in year five, he's showing you who is. If you have to ask if you have a franchise QB, you don't have a franchise QB.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

22. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (09-19-2019)

I've been thinking about your bottom/last line statement ever since you posted it. No matter how I try to deny it, that sentence speaks truth. I've never wondered if Mahomes is the Chiefs franchise QB. I'd love to be wrong about Mariota, though.

Shinning star to weakest link? Crossing fingers for Jalen tomorrow
    "Don't forget that little emotions are the great captains of our lives."
    -Vincent Van Gogh

Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    I've been thinking about your bottom/last line statement ever since you posted it. No matter how I try to deny it, that sentence speaks truth. I've never wondered if Mahomes is the Chiefs franchise QB. I'd love to be wrong about Mariota, though.
    Me too, I’m wearing his jersey now, but it is time for the next step. All these studs coming up, and he is still not dominating.
    "Don't forget that little emotions are the great captains of our lives."
    -Vincent Van Gogh

+ Reply to Thread