+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIP Old Oiler Fan

Unhappy RIP Old Oiler Fan

Mark Suther aka Old Oiler Fan suddenly and unexpectedly passed away yesterday (9/17).

Morton and Whetstone Funeral Home

I don't really know what else to say. It was certainly fun to interact with him on facebook, and the message boards before that. I'm glad I got to meet him; he was a big burly down to earth kind of guy with a great big heart. He left such an impression that I remember him vividly, like it was yesterday.

I wish the Titans had given him a win Sunday, but at least he got to see #'s 9 and 27 retired forever.

Here's to you Mark...
    Last edited by Yvette; 09-18-2019 at 09:48 PM.

2. 7 Users Liked This Post

barnybyrd (09-20-2019), hooktool (09-19-2019), Orca (10-03-2019), Parddy (09-18-2019), TitanPop (09-20-2019), ZachLV27 (09-30-2019), zonian (09-19-2019)

Yes meeting him on that rooftop bar was great. I had thought of him recently for some reason, and to now read on here that he passed saddens me. Thank you Yvette for posting this, just another reason that no matter what our team does, we as friends first, must stay in contact and keep our group as close as we can.

Here's to OOF, as I lovingly called him, may he remain in our thoughts and prayers, as he joins our other departed T.O.M.B. members, of which the list now is growing.

Rest in Peace my friend.
    Always,
    TitanPop
    JUST WAITING ON 2019, GO TITANS!!!
    ∆ Now it is getting better...!∆

4. 2 Users Liked This Post

Yvette (09-21-2019), zonian (09-20-2019)

I hate to hear this sad news. Although I never met him, I interacted with him on here and the old board many times. RIP
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

6. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (09-21-2019)

Really sorry to see this. Pretty sure I met him, but my memory these days is hazy. My best to his family.
    What a long strange trip it's been...

Orca is offline Nam Sybillam quidem Cumis... Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute Orca has a reputation beyond repute

Sad news. We visited a couple of times and he brought me a wonderful venison roast.
    "In war there is no substitute for victory"

+ Reply to Thread