+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bills at Titans gameday thread

Default Bills at Titans gameday thread

The big news today is the prediction of thunderstorms all game long (and going into Monday). Nashville certainly could use the rain, but if there is a lot of lightning, this game could turn into another Titans-Dolphins game from last year.

Whoever wins the coin toss needs to take the ball first, since the first 30 minutes of the game has the smallest chance of rain. This game is already expected to be low scoring since it is a battle of two of the top 5 scoring defenses, and this rain could make even a single TD the difference in the game. I expect to see a lot of Henry and Gore in this game, and turnovers certainly could be an issue (something that definitely favors the Titans).

For those of you going, here is the gameday info:
    Giveaway - Breast cancer awareness hand fan
    National anthem - Sara Evans
    Halftime - TSU marching band
    12th Titan - TBA
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

2. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (10-06-2019)

Still zero - zero. Great defense by both teams.

There have been some questionable calls and no calls by the refs.

Poor defense that drive to give the Bills a 7-0 lead.

The offense needs an answer.

I guess this why Santos was available. Two huge missed field goals.

Wasn’t able to come to the game today but it looks just as bad on TV. Maybe things can turn around in the second half?

It's frustrating because we aren't playing bad. Defense had just one bad drive, and the offense has had its moments. But the middle of the o-line has been pushed around way too much.

If we can get a three and out here, we can start having decent field position.

8. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (10-06-2019)

Great job by the defense to get an interception, setting up the tying TD

Why do they insist on running that stupid draw play?

Have to take the lead here. Would love a TD, but at least get three. Bills online has two backups, and the pressure has intensified on Allen.

Time to find a new kicker.

13. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (10-06-2019)

I just don’t understand how this offense can look so inept

15. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (10-06-2019)

Santos has been horrible all game and you have him try a 53 yarder? That is a poor decision by Vrabel. Should have gone for it

This season is over.
    Why do I still root for this team?

18. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (10-06-2019)

This was the Colts game all over again. Plenty of chances to win, but way too many mistakes. I still cannot believe Santos was 0-4 today, so I hope the Titans try out some new kickers this week. The umps were terrible as well.

I don't understand how this offense depends so much on Dion Lewis and so little on Davis and Walker. If I could fire the OC today, I would. I also hate the defense fell apart at the worst times today.

The season isn't over, but they better crush Denver next week.

Another underwhelming performance by this maybe-average team. Yes, Santos sucks and yes, the zebras screwed the Titans out of a TD on the BS call where they ruled Marcus was over the line on the throw. I hate to see a bad call effect the outcome of the game. It's certainly a different game had that touchdown stood. Granted our idiot kicker would have probably missed any attempt at winning the game later but at least the Titans would have had an opportunity. I guess we know why Santos has bounced around now.

That all said, it was the offensive line that lost this game. We've lived under the illusion for several years now that this is an elite line but I'm not sure they're even an NFL-caliber unit. And it isn't just the sacks they surrender like lunch money to a bully, but they rarely get a good push on run plays either. One side or the other is almost always driven backwards by the defense. How many times have we seen Henry taken down by a guy from the opposite side of the play because he's beaten his man and worked his way down the line? This results in far too few average runs of three or four yards and why running plays tend to be no gain or twelve yards. We need more four yard runs to keep the chains moving.

The problem is talent. Captain Okay came back from his suspension and negated a big play to Walker to open the game. Andy Levitre 2.0 gave up three sacks today. Benjamin Button had a decent game for a change in that he didn't give up a sack nor was his name called for something stupid. My nickname for Davis is Funky Phantom because of his weird stance in college and the fact that several times defenders ran through him like he wasn't there. I do give him a bit of a pass though. The bar isn't as high for a rookie starting his first game, especially after missing camp. And of course the Human Turnstile gave up his usual sack and took a penalty or two.

Why is Keith Carter still employed by this team as an offensive line coach? He needs to be given his walking papers in the morning along with Santos. The line finished strong in the run game last year but this team had its ups and downs last year as well. The only difference is that this year we can't run block or pass block very well. This offensive line needs to be blown up this off-season. Unfortunately they re-signed Benjamin Button but Conklin should be gone. He was exactly what I feared he was when the Titans drafted him, a detriment in pass protection. They're stuck with Levitre 2.0 but it appears Douglas would be a much better option. This guy simply isn't a football player and certainly not worth the free agent contract he was signed to. This game was frustrating because Marcus played well enough to not lose. The defense played well enough to win, but the offensive line was truly offensive - again.

Also can no one on this team return a punt? Now granted, a man was blocked into Humphries on the near-turnover early in the game. I can't fault him for that and I doubt anyone could have made a clean catch there. However, I'm more concerned that our choices are Adoree, who catches nothing and lets everything roll or Humphries who has never met a fair catch he doesn't like.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

21. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (10-06-2019)

At what point is Vrabel on the hot seat?

The Titans fired Mularkey after two winning seasons and a playoff win. He was basically fired because the offense wasn't very good. Now the offense still isn't very good, despite much better offensive weapons. Getting to 9-7 is a long shot now.

I don't think the Titans fire him after the season, but if the Titans go 7-9 or worse, shouldn't it be considered? This was supposed to be the "good to great" year for the Titans, and instead it is the "bad to worse".

Being in a stadium with around 25,000 opposing fans yelling louder than Titans fans is not something I want to be part of for much longer. I hate thinking that in the 20+ years of this team, they have won just 2 home playoff games. They have lost the last three home games. I can't even argue with TGB anymore.

This team is breaking me, and I hate it. I will always be a fan, but do I really want to keep spending money with so little return...

23. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (10-10-2019)

+ Reply to Thread