+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Titans - Panthers game day thread

Succop doinked it. Game over. 0-3 today.

30-20 Carolina is the final. Defense did not do well containing McCaffery or stopping Allen. Offense should have run a lot more in the first half. Special teams were ineffective.

At this point, the season is over. We should beat Jacksonville, but that might be it.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Heads up for the Chiefs game... shooters are gonna be stronger than usual.

I hate this team sometimes.

3. The following user likes this post:

HALL45ROX (11-07-2019)

What I hate is that now we are going to be celebrating losses. 5-11 is a very realistic outcome, maybe 6-10 if the team gets lucky. Each loss gets a little better draft pick and hopefully a quicker trigger on firing Vrabel.

Heck, even Robinson should be on the hot seat. He fired a playoff game winning coach coming off back-to-back winning seasons to give us this mess. When you make that kind of gamble, it better pay off, and this has not.

Well, I picked them 6-10 before the season but then they went and gave me a little hope. But I should have seen it and not been fooled. This team will never be a contender at least not with the coaches we have.

This offensive line is one of the least-talented in the league. Lewan is all talk and no performance or as they say in Texas, all horn and no bull. At best, he's average. Saffold was a waste of good money. He's pathetic. J-Rob just doesn't do well with free agent acquisitions. When he's in there, Jones is always being shoved backwards. That's why I call him Benjamin Button but he wasn't in there today. Douglas was and he was awful. To be fair to him, he was thrust into an unfamiliar role. I'm not so sure w wouldn't have been better off with Hroniss in the lineup. At least he's a natural center. Davis was a waste of a draft pick. He looks like a guy who went to a small school and is outclassed against NFL competition. Oh wait... And Conklin is little better, the Human Turnstile. You'd at least think they could manage to run block though. I saw Davis whiff on a run block today and fall flat on his face. His guy pulled up and went lateral.

The receivers can't seem to hold onto the ball. There were several inexcusable drops in the game. Tannehill played decent but got very little help.

As bad as everything else about the offense is, the worst of it is the play-calling. My god Arthur Smith is the absolute worst OC in the league. This fan base has been waiting for the better part of two decades for an offense that resembles a reasonable facsimile of a modern offense but it looks like we're doomed for the sh*t show forever. Must be nice when daddy's a billionaire and can get your foot in the door for you.

Speaking of worst in the league, is it possible Dion Lewis is the worst RB in the league? He's useless as teets on a boar-hog. Dude is the most overpaid back in the league, maybe the most overpaid player. The only one I can think of who steals more money from his team on a weekly basis is Saffold. Every time I see Lewis come into the game, my attitude is "we may as well just punt now".

Today was a hot mess. Even the defense played poorly.

Is it possible to claim Parkey off waivers? Succop wasn't ready to come back. He was awful.
    The Tennessee Titans - good for whatever ails you!

I think we were all fooled after the first game. I can't believe what I'm watching with this team. At least Mariota can't be blamed now. And I agree TGB, Arthur Smith is flat out awful. My hope is they just lose out and get a top pick. This team needs a lot of help on the OL and a QB, but as we have seen there are no guarantees there either.

I'm seriously considering cancelling my Sunday Ticket subscription next year so I don't have to bother watching bad football then reevaluate if I can even root for this team anymore. I've lost any hope.

At least Yvette has the Chiefs - what do the rest of us have?
    Last edited by DelawareTitans; 11-04-2019 at 08:36 AM.

7. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (11-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by DelawareTitans View Post
    I think we were all fooled after the first game
    As it turns out, the Browns are even worse than us. What's scary is that they have what we think we want (new QB, new coaching staff), and besides for one glimmer of hope last year, they have been the bottom franchise of the whole NFL for way longer than a team should be.

Wow 309, I can't remember a time that you wanted the coach fired. Not saying you are wrong, just surprised to hear you voice it.

This year is truly heartbreaking, watching it has only exacerbated how long it will be until they can be good again. It isn't this year, it isn't next year. I guess we will see.

10. The following user likes this post:

Yvette (11-09-2019)

I have been up and down on coaches.

Fisher - didn't want him fired
    Munchack - wanted him fired after losing 5 in a row at home in 2013
    Whisenhunt - wanted him fired (3-20 record)
    Mularkey - didn't want him fired (though his refusal to update his offensive coaching staff helped me accept it).

If a team is going to fire a coach after back-to-back winning seasons and the first playoff win since 2003, the new coach better be good right away. Vrabel looked great after the Eagles and Pats wins last year (I was calling for him to be coach of the year), but then the Titans lost some games they should not have lost, and they never had an answer for the Colts. This year has been a major regression (at least they best some really good teams last year), and the coaching decisions (in game and game planning) have been crazy too many times.

I also hate how the Titans offense has been stuck in the past, while most NFL teams embrace a high powered offense led by a terrific QB. That can only be changed by coaching and getting a good QB.
    Last edited by Sect309Fan; 11-08-2019 at 08:39 AM.

12. 2 Users Liked This Post

HALL45ROX (Yesterday), Yvette (11-09-2019)

+ Reply to Thread