+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chiefs - Titans gameday thread

Default Chiefs - Titans gameday thread

This is one of those games that either the Titans get killed or they play to the level of their competition and have a chance to win in the end. The defense will have to play much better than they did last week, and that will be hard with Butler out for the year.

I am not sure what the offensive game plan will be early. My best guess will be the "hold the ball as long as possible" plan, with many runs and short passes. I would prefer the "score a ton of points in a shootout" plan, but that never seems to happen.

At least it will be a gorgeous day for a game, with sunny skies and temps in the low 60s all game.

Gameday info
    Fans receive: Titans flag
    12th Titan: Major General Brian Winski, Commanding General, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)
    National Anthem: Trace Adkins
    Halftime: Billy Ray Cyrus and Salute to Service

I wouldn't be surprised to see parachuting soldiers pre-game.

Go Titans!!!
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

I am in my seat with 35 minutes left till kickoff, and there are Chiefs fans everywhere.

13-13 at the half despite a big difference in yardage.

Does anyone have an explanation from the TV broadcast on why the Titans lost that fumble? It didn't look later or one on the jumbotron.

Succop scares me now. This game may come down to a kick, and I don't have a lot of confidence in him.

It is good to see a full stadium for the first time in a while. But it might be half Chiefs fans. At least they are pretty considerate.

Wow...that was another crazy ending to a Titans game at home.

Tannehill and Henry were amazing today, and the defense had enough big plays for the win.

That's four in a row against the Chiefs, and we have owned Andy Reid his whole career.

5. 3 Users Liked This Post

barnybyrd (11-11-2019), HALL45ROX (11-10-2019), Yvette (11-11-2019)

Andy Reid is now 1-8 vs. the Titans in his career (reg season and playoffs). They are the only team he doesn't have at least 2 wins against.

The Titans have beaten the Chiefs 4 straight times. However, this was only the second win against them at home, with the other back in 2000.

The last time the Titans had an opposing QB pass for over 400 yards against them was Tony Romo in 2010.

The last time the Titans successfully converted a 2-point conversion was 12/13/15 against the Jets. They had failed on their previous 8 attempts.

Coaching was pretty good yesterday. Some in the stands were questioning going for it on 4th and 17 rather than punting, but I think it was smart. If you punt, the Chiefs goal is to get a couple of first downs and run out the clock, which I think they would have done. We almost converted there, and the miss gave the Chiefs too tempting a target to run out the clock. They did what most teams would do, which is be conservative to set up a field goal. The field goal botch (Colquitt wasn't expecting the snap) was icing on the cake.

The Titans really need to sign Tannehill to a 2 or 3 year deal. They still likely draft a QB, but they could wait till the 2nd round.

Henry's future is a tough one. He can be so good, like yesterday, but is it worth giving big money to running backs anymore? He will be paid well somewhere, but not sure it will be here.

As for the crowd, this is one of the two games this year where season ticket holders could make money on the game (the other being the Saints). I don't blame them for selling tickets, plus there have always been plenty of seats in the upper deck to fill. At least Chiefs fans are pretty good people (at least the ones around me), though the periodic tomahawk chops left me conflicted (since I am a Braves fan).

7. The following user likes this post:

TitanPop (11-13-2019)

+ Reply to Thread