+ Reply to Thread

Thread: COVID-19 - check in here and say hello

Default COVID-19 - check in here and say hello

Folks,

Wishing EVERYONE here to be healthy and safe. Check in and let us know you're good.

Up here in Toronto, I'm in day 13 of my 14 day quarantine, and already sick of this.

All the best,

Blake
    What a long strange trip it's been...

2. 2 Users Liked This Post

barnybyrd (03-27-2020), Sect309Fan (03-29-2020)

Healthy here, staying at home for 2 weeks due to the store being closed. Hope everyone is doing well.
    I have the right to remain silent, I just don't have the ability.

4. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (03-29-2020)

I was working from home full time for the last 4-5 years, so this is nothing new, though now everyone I work with is doing it too. A lot of our IT projects have been put on hold, so I am focusing on learning C#, Visual Studio, and Selenium to do automation testing (requires a lot more programming than I have been doing all these years).

The toughest thing is keeping my high school son occupied with academics. He still has 3 AP tests to take, and I do like that his school and the Advanced Placement board are putting out study videos almost every day. The rest of the time he is on the computer playing games. (Not being able to bowl is rough too since we have done that at least once a week for the last 3 years).

My wife is the school librarian, and she is practically the IT person for the faculty in trying to get them to use Zoom to communicate to others.

So far no one we know has been infected. We did have a spring break trip to San Francisco planned that we cancelled the day before leaving (which in retrospect was definitely the smart idea, and we received most of our money back).
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

+ Reply to Thread