+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denver positive and negatives

Threaded View

Default Denver positive and negatives

Positives:
    1. Henry had 116 yards rushing
    2. Tannehill was 29 of 43 (67%)with 2 TDs and 0 INTs
    3. Corey Davis looked like a first round draft pick with 7 catches for 101 yards
    4. Humphries made some huge catches on 3rd down, a big reason he was brought to the team
    5. Team went 7 of 16 on third down and 1 of 1 on fourth down.
    6. The goalline stand early on was a thing of beauty
    7. The team won their first game in Denver since the Oilers did it in 1987 (team was on a 0-4 streak).

Negatives:
    1. The game felt so much like the Bills game last year, where the Titans lost 14-7 thanks to 4 missed field goals. The Titans have to fix this quickly, though it may not be possible.
    2. No sacks of Lock (though pressure was applied at some big moments to make him miss)
    3. Not a single play of 30+ yards (something the Titans did well last year) and only 3 plays of 20+ yards.
    4. Evans being ejected early for throwing a punch.

It was a game that had "what-if" written all over it. What if there had been a normal loud crowd at the game? What if Denver didn't have some key injuries? What if the Adoree Jackson was healthy? What if the field goals are made? I could see fans saying the Titans dominated the game and I could also see them saying how lucky the Titans were for winning.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

I’m not sure Henry’s 116 yards is that much of a positive. It’s not a negative but getting those yards on 31 carries isn’t that impressive. Their defense has done this before so I’m not too worried. We do need better play from out line though.
    Something, something and a little more something.

One of the big reasons I listed Henry's yards as a positive is that he had only 28 yards against them last year (1.9 ypc), his worst output of the season. While I expected him to get a big run at some point, I will take a steady 100+ yard game at any time.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

+ Reply to Thread