+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are the Titans good or not?

Threaded View

Default Are the Titans good or not?

Optimistic view: The Titans are 3-0 for only the third time as the Titans, and the other two times led to a Super Bowl berth (99) and best record in the NFL (08). They made important plays late in games and won the games in the clutch. The offense is scoring a lot a points, and the kicking game looks great now. Only one turnover for the season.

Pessimist view: The Titans beat three teams with a combined record of 1-8, and they beat them by a combined 6 points. The offenses of those teams played much better against the Titans than any other team. Vrabel has never shown to be a good DC. The Titans are also facing two 3-0 teams in the next two games.

Close Calls
    Broncos: If Byard doesn't deflect a deep pass in the final seconds, the Broncos are in field goal range and probably win

Jags: Clowney might have been offsides on the final Jags play that led to a game-winning int. Jags terrible kick before the half that led to a quick Titans 3 points.

Vikings: Before the final field goal, Tannehill threw it right to a Viking's defender, who luckily dropped it.

Also noted is that the Titans have been missing their #1 CB for all three games, their #1 WR for two games, and their left tackle has missed significant time.

I do think we are good team, but we are also a darn lucky one as well. The Titans could easily be 0-3, but the Titans were able to get into field goal range at the ends of games, while our opponents could not.
    Last edited by Sect309Fan; 09-27-2020 at 08:22 PM.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

2. The following user likes this post:

barnybyrd (09-28-2020)

From what I have watched I think they're good. Got the feel during the Vikings game that they felt comfortable they were going to pull it out.

Wish I hadn't worked hard to stamp out my passion for this team, because that is a talented, likeable team.
    What a long strange trip it's been...

Tonight was a good answer to my question. Yes, the Titans are a good team, beating an undefeated Bills team in a blowout.

+8 in turnovers makes a huge difference, and Tannehill may be the best QB this team has had since moving to Nashville.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Quote Originally Posted by Sect309Fan View Post
    Tonight was a good answer to my question. Yes, the Titans are a good team, beating an undefeated Bills team in a blowout.

+8 in turnovers makes a huge difference, and Tannehill may be the best QB this team has had since moving to Nashville.
    They're a damn good team, and not even at close to full health last night. I'm joining back in, not much else to do this fall with NBA and NHL seasons done. So weird to say that in mid-October.

6. The following user likes this post:

Sect309Fan (10-14-2020)

Default Thought I'd share...

Section 241 Row Q Seats 6-7
    https://youtu.be/iAZmcrtDlWI?t=1445

8. 2 Users Liked This Post

Sect309Fan (10-15-2020), Toronto (10-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by zonian View Post
    Section 241 Row Q Seats 6-7
    https://youtu.be/iAZmcrtDlWI?t=1445

You threw him into the suites." LOL

10. The following user likes this post:

zonian (10-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    You threw him into the suites." LOL
    "...that poor guy!"

+ Reply to Thread