+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: should the season be expanded

College is 12 games plus one possible bowl game. NFL is currently 16 games with 4 potential postseason games.

My argument is more games dilutes the sport, reduces attendance, and creates more injuries. It also weakens the playoffs, since players are potentially pretty exhausted by the time the Super Bowl rolls around. Careers also are likely to be shortened by the number of extra games.

I just think of all the meaningless games that will happen the last two weeks of the season in an 18 game schedule. Most spots will be known by then.

4 preseason games likely are too long. 18 regular seasons are too many as well. 17 games is good only if one game per team is on a neutral site (which I am not excited about either).

This is one of those ideas that sounds good on paper (more NFL!) but has the potential to have a lot of negative side effects.
    Go Titans! Go Braves! Go Preds! Go Dores!

Quote Originally Posted by zonian View Post
    I would like to see the preseason shortened as well but fear that prices for the remaining games will skyrocket. (My tickets have increased over 50% since I first started buying them as is.) I don't know what the answer is, but I'm sure inflated ticket prices will be the result regardless.
    This
    "I ain't got time to stand around here and discuss trivial trivialities." Barney Fife

+ Reply to Thread