+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Mike Vick conditionally reinstated

Quote Originally Posted by wari0 View Post
    a poll on espn.com asks "should the vikings pursue Michael Vick?" 67% of responders say they should as well as 64% of responders in Minnesota...

It would make sense I guess.
    Maybe he can flip off the fans in Minnesota too!

The guy is a mediocre QB at best. I don't understand what the hype is all about. If I was a GM I wouldn't sign him based on the fact he was never a good QB and now he is out of practice as well. The guy has obvious character issues as well.

Last season, a bunch of teams had starting QBs that were mediocre at best and backups that were a lot worse. Had his only problem been the dog fighting incident, I might sign him if I were a GM.

However, I don't know if I would want Vick on my team because of his "character issues". Those and the adverse publicity would keep him off.

Nah, Mike Vick wasn't the best QB in the league or anything, but he certainly wasn't 'mediocre'...For a time he was a top 10 QB in the league IMO.
    Tennessee Titans Fan For Life!!!

Vick has been the model of mediocre his entire career.
    Welcome to the Suck

Yea but he had some Bad Ass dogs.
    A good dog is not easily ruined

vick started off well but after the first couple of seasons defenses around the league started to suss him out.
    and he wasnt the same after the injury.
    and as bucket noted he seemed headed toward being a train wreck before the dog nastiness.
    i think the funniest suggested places he might play is seattle.especil

especially if the following is real..
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...go-to-seattle/

Mora's words from Tuesday night's SportsCenter special tell us everything we need to know.

"I don't know that everybody sees him as a quarterback," Mora said in a pre-taped segment. "I spent three years with the guy, and the most consistent question I got was, 'Does he have the skill set of an NFL quarterback or is he better suited to play another position?'"

Said ESPN's Ed Werder in response, "But you always stated your belief that he was a quarterback, and could succeed at the position."

Replied Mora, followed by a slight ish-eating grin: "Because he was my quarterback."

7. The following user likes this post:

Jones31 (08-01-2009)

Zing!
    Welcome to the Suck

Mediocre
    Main Entry: me·di·o·cre
    Pronunciation: \ˌmē-dē-ˈō-kər\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle French, from Latin mediocris, from medius middle + Old Latin ocris stony mountain; akin to Latin acer sharp — more at edge
    Date: circa 1586
    : of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance : ordinary, so-so
    Example: Michael Vick.

does tarvarius jackson's sprained MCL in practice push the vikings any closer to a vick deal? i mean even with a timid sprain he should miss a good part of camp and with a more severe sprain he could be out the entire pre season if not longer. what do you guys think?

tarvarius' injury - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=4371142
    Last edited by wari0; 08-01-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Hmm, choose someone who has been out of football for 2 years over Rosencopter and John David Booty.
    Yep plenty of FAIL waiting to happen there.
    Welcome to the Suck

gossip...

On Thursday, Vick told reporters he was close to signing with a team. Later that day, Belichick praised Vick’s abilities as a football player, leading to speculation that the team may be interested in the recently reinstated quarterback.

On Friday, Belichick was asked whether he or the organization had ruled out such a move.

“Have we ruled it out? I don’t know that it’s ruled in or ruled out,” said Belichick. “I’m not not answering your question. I’m saying I don’t think it’s ever been put that way, so I can’t really answer that.”

When asked about Vick again on the radio show Saturday, Belichick tried to explain why he can’t always simply answer a question.

“If there’s a clear cut ‘yes’ or ‘no’, great,” Belichick said. “A lot of times there isn’t and I understand the media and the reporters, they like to ask those questions that you don’t have a clear answer to and then hopefully you’ll give them one but, you know, that’s not always possible.”
    Link
    Tell me where do I belong, In a sick society (Ozzy's "You're No Different" lyrics excerpt

The Patriots are probably the one franchise that could handle taking on Vick.

First, they're use to being in the spotlight, and that light will never burn brighter than it did during their perfect season which came on the heels of Spygate.

Second, they have a player in Randy Moss who has had issues in the past, albeit nothing as serious as Vick.

Third, they have a future HOF head-coach who I believe could handle the distraction Vick would bring, more-so than most others.

I'm not sure they'll do it, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

but vick wants to be a starting qb and not a back up.
    he's wanting to go to a place that he thinks he has a competive chance of
    getting that.

Quote Originally Posted by pookha View Post
    getting that.
    I want Katie Holmes to divorce Tom Cruise and marry me.

I also want a billion dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by pookha View Post
    getting that.

He's delusional.

He's probably going to look worse than Adam Jones did when he was reinstated.
    Welcome to the Suck

This is from today's Insider:

A source with knowledge of Michael Vick's negotiations with NFL teams has told the Washington Post that at least five teams are interested in signing him.

While our current counter does still allow for precisely five teams, it's also quite possible that teams are performing behind-the-scenes due diligence in spite of publicly denying interest, a theory heard "consistently" by Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.

Tuesday morning on ESPN's Mike and Mike in the Morning, former NFL head coach and current Vick mentor Tony Dungy expressed his sentiment that "something's gonna happen this week," regarding Vick signing with a new team.

On Monday, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio spoke with Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome, who, in response to a direct reference to his possible interest in Vick, stated, "We're happy with our three quarterbacks."
    The five teams still listed are Packers, Patriots, Ravens, Chiefs and Titans.

ESPN still talking out of their ass I see. Even though Bob Kraft said flat out Vick wasn't going to New England.
    Welcome to the Suck

None of those teams make any sense to me for signing Vick. Maybe the Pack

From Peter King's twitter...

SI_PeterKingI am starting to get the vibe that Vick will sign this week. At least 3 teams legitimately interested. Situation more important than money.

Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Last season, a bunch of teams had starting QBs that were mediocre at best and backups that were a lot worse. Had his only problem been the dog fighting incident, I might sign him if I were a GM.

However, I don't know if I would want Vick on my team because of his "character issues". Those and the adverse publicity would keep him off.
    I would rather have Michael Vick as a back-up than the Texans' Rex Grossman, Super Bowl appearance, or not. I have a feeling that Tony Dungy would not have been lobbying so hard for Vick's re-instatement, were he not a changed and humbled man.
    Drawing a blank, aren't you ?

+ Reply to Thread